Reservation?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by alpha1, Apr 25, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Got this as a fwd.

No personal comments on this.

I think we should have job reservations in all the fields. I
    completely support the PM and all the politicians for promoting this.
    Let's start the reservation with our cricket team. Cricket rules
    should be modified accordingly. The boundary circle should be reduced
    for a reserved player. The four hit by a reserved player should be
    considered as a six and a six hit by a reserved player should be
    counted as 8 runs. A reserved player scoring 60 runs should be
    declared as a century.

We should influence ICC and make rules so that the pace bowlers like
    Shoaib Akhtar should not bowl fast balls to our reserved player.
    Bowlers should bowl maximum speed of 80 kilometer per hour to a
    reserved player. Any delivery above this speed should be made illegal.

Also we should have reservation in Olympics. In the 100 meters race, a
    reserved player should be given a gold medal if he runs 80 meters.

There can be reservation in Government jobs also. Let's recruit
    reserved pilots for aircrafts which are carrying the ministers and
    politicians (that can really help the country.. )

Ensure that only reserved doctors do the operations for the ministers
    and other politicians. (Another way of saving the country..)

May the good breed of politicans like ARJUN SINGH long live...

bjr: this is what you were talking about?

2. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

That's Mockery .. Its disgraceful to look down at reserved people like that .. The whole purpose of equality is lost by such scorn circulated all over by mail ..

The mentality n the way its presented in the fwd is disgusting ..

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

heh, the realistic solution?

Someone pasted this as a reply in that thread I think.

4. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

well even i posted the fwd in another thread yesterday ... though it scornfully provides some strong reasoning why not to have reservations but 100% agree to notty ..the way its presented in the fwd *is* disgusting

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

The concept of equality is lost the minute reservations are made. Perhaps it would be more prudent to say that the facade of equality is lifted the minute reservations are made since there is no real concept of equality anyway.

6. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

yo KnottingLad - i think its cool to have fun at others expenses...

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

+1.
    What more could I say?

The only thing I can say is that reservation is a means of selective discrimintion taht would benfit those who dont have means of becoming "equal" and help them becoming more equal.

8. vishalj

vishalj Banned

I agree we should have job reservations. I also found out that you can get an OBC cerificate in 10 mintues flat for 3000 bucks or should I say bugs(?)

9. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Very Well Said. I am not a racist nor against any body, but honmestly Resrvations is against Democracy. Its the middle class who suffers here.

10. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

where?? tell me fast!

11. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Sorry not before you send me my commission, Rs. 2500.

12. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

my thoughts.

none of us know the facts but we dont take much time in commenting on little we know.
    any kind of reservation only indicates at limited resources for large number of users.
    india being such a large country has to deal with it.
    solution has to be to provide cheap education to all irrespective of caste creed,social status.wen we open classy,expensive schools like goenka we are also making a way for reservation.think abt it.

i was anti - mandal but my heart cried when i actually heard what Mr. Mandal had to say.
    Listen to him and u wd know where actually india stands.

13. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Resevation is facility provided to give the Backward classes a chance to make their way to the top .. for example .. If I give charity to a beggar .. He's still equal to me .. Just bcoz i'm providing him support (like the way govt. is providing the backward class) doesn't mean equality is lost .. I stand shoulder to shoulder with beggars in prayers many times .. Equality exists ..

n No matter what .. no one will be able to justify the Mockery made in that forward .. Its insulting ..

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I don't think there is any way I can "prove" otherwise. It's just something that I have come to realize. Morally, it is supposed to exist yet I don't think too many people are willing to share their dinner table with the maids working for them(though even if you are, it is not really an indication of equality). It is in human nature to compare....starting from ranks in class to wealth to whose children are doing better to whose is longer. There are times when we think we are better than other people. We will always judge others and whoever says they do not judge other people are lying (perhaps to themselves more than to us).

As for reservations, if they are helping backward classes to get to the same level as the general people does it not mean that the government feels that there is disparity between the two? Would that not give the SC/ST an inferior stature to the General category?

15. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

another 2000 bucks gets you a disabled person certificate

@topic....the people in some of the most backward areas are still being humiliated on the grounds of caste...if the reservations is not doing any justice to them it is useless.
    Reservation in education institute is fine....at the same time the unfilled seats should be later included in general category. there are a lot of seats being wasted that way. also make policies on the financial background....ive seen people in my college driving a freaking Skoda and taking admission in the reserved quota.
    Reservation in private companies is bullshit though.

16. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

^^ hell, reservations anywhere permits discrimination...i say we kill unjust opportunities for everyone. its like an oxymoron.

17. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

It all comes down to Moral teachings and the Way of life ..

Sticking to this logic if a seat is reserved for a handicapped person in a Bus .. it would mean we're considering the handicapped person inferior .. which is incorrect ..

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

We are.

Thats why the special seat.
    Can you give me any better logic?

Why the heck do we have ladies seats etc (only in India)?
    Why is there a talk of women reservation (only in India)?

19. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^^^U might be considering a handicapped person Inferior .. n there's no dearth of people who think the way u do .. so .. no surprise ..

Regarding the better logic .. I realise the person is not as capable n fit as me .. so I help him .. I look at it that way ..

20. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=18671&highlight=olympics

Check my first post, docs post and then my last post.

More often than not, a person who is differently abled needs our acceptance more than they need our sympathy.