Researcher Are Certain That UFOs Exist

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Aug 23, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Peter Davenport, director of the National UFO Reporting Center in Seattle, has received more phone calls than he cares to count that have an unusual opening: "Please believe me, I'm not crazy."
    Davenport spoke Sunday at the Little Green Men Festival in Hopkinsville with tales of what he believes are some of the more fascinating, provable cases reported. The festival, at the Hopkinsville-Christian County Conference and Convention Center, commemorates the 50th anniversary of the Aug. 21, 1955, report of an alien invasion at Kelly.

After a lifetime of studying what many brush off as science fiction, Davenport feels certain that UFOs exist and have been witnessed on Earth, and second, that the government has known about them for decades.

"I have not just a mountain of data, perhaps a mountain range of data. And I assure you, it's strictly by accident," Davenport said. He has spent the last 11 years filing accounts and eyewitness reports of UFO sightings from a reporting center that consists of one phone, one fax, and one Web master, and is almost completely privately funded by Davenport and donations.

Davenport graduated from Stanford with degrees in Russian and biology and received his MBA in finance and international business. But, years before receiving a master's degree in genetics and biochemistry of fish, Davenport heard of the Kelly Green Men incident on the radio. The story from Kelly was one of several that piqued his interest in UFOs, which eventually led to his involvement in the National UFO Reporting Center.

Davenport said his perspective of UFO sightings took on a whole new dimension when he was 6-years-old on a July night in 1954. Davenport said that's when he, his mom and brother saw a strange object in the sky while at a drive-in theater on the edge of the St. Louis Airport.

"We didn't know it at the time, but my father, and people in the tower on the north side of the airport, were looking at the same object with their binoculars," he said. Davenport said the object was about the size of the moon, bright red like a traffic signal and slightly oval in shape. "And (it) stopped, almost stock-still, in the sky to the east of our location. People were getting out of their cars," Davenport said. "It was casting a red light ... all over the theater, all over the airport, as far as we could see."

Since then, Davenport has logged literally thousands of calls about colored lights, flying triangles and hovering disks.

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

*wonder*
    why are all (more than 6 sigma) the UFO sightings reported in USofA?

3. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

yeah,i do believe that ufo's exist somewhere n lurking in da universe!

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

not true...there are reported sightings in other places also. However, nobody except people in USA and Britain take them seriously.

5. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

i saw one flying body in the sky once...
    10 yrs back..
    dunno what it was.. but it wasnt an aircraft for sure...
    that freaked me out......... :p:

6. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

a few months back i saw a huge unidentified flying object and a small unidentified flying object!
    the huge one was the latest version of some passenger aircraft n small one was some wierdo bird previously unknown to me!

7. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

ROTFL ...
    only if the Amroo ppl were soo pragmatic ...

hey bjr ... i said that reported findings of UFOs were from US within the 6 sigma limits of the normal distribution ... that doesn't mean "all observed findings" ... but it means for all parctical purpose - "all" ...

the reason why ppl in india dont take it seriously is because tthey have a serious explanation for all those events like Devil just now gave

8. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

not really UFOs but aliens for sure, they might be just as or less advanced than us.

9. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

^^^ yeah i agree to that view ... kudos to u shs ...

10. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

yup me too agree...i mean there might be extraterrestials dat look lik animals nd hav not evolved...nd ther mite be ones who r observing us.....

11. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

if some highly civilized aliens come from space and xamine all the stupid people in earth, they wud suck up bush n laden!then earth will be a safe place!

12. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

^wat if bush and laden r themselves aliens in disguise :p:

13. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

then they will suck up people in earth!

14. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

then they r definitely aliens.....im plannin to make a movie on bush (alien)

Bush--E.T. The Extra Testical..:p:

15. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

^hahah lol....hey chweck out the similar thread down..its gud also!

16. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

which thread...nd clean ur mailbox....

17. shak

shak Harrr!

i think aliens wont be bothered by us..they will be sitting on a table goin like...huh earthlings...50 years of civilized living and still they havent proved that we exist ... hey jack i think you even showed your spaceship to them didnt ya! ..pricks ... cant even give our ships a name ...UFO! .. LOL still unidentified... lets go soemwhere else... pesky minus IQ'ers ... no matter how hard you try they'll be scared that we will suck em up! ... naa we dont eat gremlins.... move it guys... lest pay a visit to galaxy we-2365-ns

18. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hahaha ... i like the humor ...

but what 50 years?
    i didnt exactly get ya ... are u talking in Indian context ... LOL ...

19. shak

shak Harrr!

naaaa .... i meant the time since we first landed on the moon ... 1960 something it was ..isnt it??

20. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

oh yeah ... 1969 ... but the n there is some kinda conspiracy theory doing rounds on the internet that there was no moon landing ...

anyway anyone can actually fuck around with those kinda things ...