Required - Lakshya Riff

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by dhim, Jun 23, 2004.

1. dhim

dhim New Member

Dear IGTians,

Can somebody please tab the riff that is played during Lakshya promos and during the cliff climbing scene in the movie.

Thanks in Advance,
    Dhim

2. tejas

tejas ..........

Yeah, I wan't that too. it sounds so cool.

3. anujroy

anujroy New Member

hey friendz ... figured this out ....

e------------------------------|
    B------------------------------| Repeat the pattern a little faster 4 effects
    G------------------------------|
    D---7--7--7--7-s8---7----5-5--|
    A---7--7--7--7-s8---7----5-5--|
    E---5--5--5--5-s6---5----3-3--|

7 s8
    7 s8 In this part ... change the chord with sliding ...
    5 s6

the base line of the riff .... (even this sounds good)

e
    B
    G
    D---7-7-7-7s8----7-5-5h7-7-7-7s8----7-5-5h7-7-7-7s8----7-5-5h7-----
    A--------------------------------------------------------------------
    E

tell me the chord names ... i am really bad at that ...but who cares ... :rock:

4. vidhansinghai

vidhansinghai New Member

Here the chords that you're playing.

A5 or A(no 3rd) [5 7 7 x x 5] (E A): root and 5th (power chord)
    Bb5 or Bb(no 3rd)[6 8 8 x x 6] (F Bb): root and 5th (power chord)
    G5 or G(no 3rd) [3 5 5 x x 3] (D G): root and 5th (power chord)

Basically as Demon said, it's a Satanic song. Well lot's of 5th ;-)
    Enjoy.

5. dhim

dhim New Member

Thanks for the riff.

Thanks for the riff. I gured something similar but was not getting the effect because of not working on the slides.

I really wonder if it sounds this good on the acoustic how would it sound on an electric with the distrortion turned on???

Thanks once again.

d h i m

6. tejas

tejas ..........

The tab sounds right. But i think there are mutes after the first part.

7. rabbit

rabbit Member

great work guys. but this riff it does not sound so cool on my acoustic guitar :(
    is it because the chord sliding is not smooth or because it is not meant to be played on the acoustic guitar?

8. tejas

tejas ..........

Its not meant for acoustic. But still it should sound alright. It can't sound bad.

9. rabbit

rabbit Member

btw...where can i get an mp3 version of this riff? it is not there on the movie soundtrack.

10. rabbit

rabbit Member

...and also forogot to add that there is one more riff, a heavy & speedy one, in the scene where they are in the jungle( just before the cliff climbing) has anyone tried that one out??

...still can't believe that they left out these excellent pieces from the soundtrack!!!

11. tejas

tejas ..........

Yes, its sad that the riff is not included in the soundtrack. I don't know where you can get a mp3 version of it and I don't quite remmember the other piece you are talking about either.

12. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@vidhan..wont that make most gnr songs....satanic :think:
    nice tho...

13. vidhansinghai

vidhansinghai New Member

Yes doctor. That's what some theory says. Said that Satan used to sing in the 5ths, and rock songs use a lot of power chords (which are nothing but 5ths of the root chord). So, rock songs are Satanic.

Anyway, I don't know much of music theory and so I didn't really understand what does 5th of a root chord mean. I usually use a chord dictionary for such 5ths, 7ths, suspended and other, basically, bizzare chords.

GnR rules as always :)
    Enjoy
    Vidhan