REQ: What type of guitar amplifier should i buy?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by milesfastguy, Apr 13, 2010.

1. milesfastguy

milesfastguy New Member

hi....i recetly purchased an electric guitar. i have been acoustic for nearly 2 years. im having trouble in deciding what type of an amplifier to buy. plz suggest what wil suit me best. i really need to hav distortion its a top priority. do amplifiers come with built in distortion? or should i go for the basic amplifier n then buy a separate effects processor? which is better?...the in built distortion(if it exists) or the one in the effects processor? additional features like overdrive, compression, phase shifter, wah wah and flanger are also desirable....though i think that overdrive is present in the basic amplifier. plz help me choose the amplifier....also give some information about its power output that wil be sufficient...such as 10W,15W or higher. links to websites containing inf wil be appreciated. thanks

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

would be good if u specify ur budget and whether u need it for jamming or jus for bedroom practice ..
    and yes amps do come with built in distortion.. and some with various other effects as well..

3. milesfastguy

milesfastguy New Member

sure...i need it for just fun jamming wid ma frnds. no stage shows n all. budget wud be around 7k..

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

u can get some Laney and Roland amps for tha range... google it and look out for the spec of both... see wat all effects they come with, in case u're looking for inbuilt effects..

5. milesfastguy

milesfastguy New Member

thanks a lot rickkkyrich. now i need a lil more info from u...especially since ur a Roland user. should i go for a solid state amp or a tube amp? which wil be best given my range n requirements

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

tube amps are expensive.. nothin will fit ur budget..

7. milesfastguy

milesfastguy New Member

hey i just checked out the Roland cube 15X n i think its great. the 4 distortion effects are cool n it fits my budget. its currently priced at Rs. 5800 at bajaao. is the price fair? u cud also tel me how it performs....wil the power output of 15W suffice? one more thing does this amp have a provision of connecting an effects processor??

8. milesfastguy

milesfastguy New Member

hey i just checked out the Roland cube 15X n i think its great. the 4 distortion effects are cool n it fits my budget. its currently priced at Rs. 5800 at bajaao. is the price fair? u cud also tel me how it performs....wil the power output of 15W suffice? one more thing does this amp have a provision of connecting an effects processor??

9. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

ya its good .. and very loud ..
    and u can connect processor to any amp.. i got it for 5500..

10. milesfastguy

milesfastguy New Member

thanks a lot