REQ: Indian Ocean - Bandhey

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by deathdr_87, Jan 27, 2005.

1. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

tabs, chords, guitar pro files, bass lines, midis, mp3s... nething will do.....

i need the song somehow or the other...

if ull dont have time to figure it out pls. post me an mp3 - ill figure it out then

pls reply fast.... really want this song

2. meVSme

meVSme New Member

hey deathdr87,,

Havn`t u been to www.djluv.net
    U`ll get what ur lookin for

and IT`s a awesome song
    do post the tabs if u figure them out

3. anujroy

anujroy New Member

working on it guyz ...

4. deathdr_87

thanks

anujroy - i think the chords are Em, D, C- something like that for the chorus if that helps - im jut going to the place mevesme recommeneded - il lsee if i can get the song from there

5. deathdr_87

ok i got it -

the chords are Cm, AbM, BbM, Cm.

The actual notes are as posted below:

Bandheh

Guitar
    Cm Cm G#
    E||------------------------|------------------------|------------------------|
    B||--------4--3----4-------|--------4--3----4-------|--------4-------4-------|
    G||-------------------5----|-------------------5----|-----------7-------5----|
    D||-----5------------------|-----5------------------|------------------------|
    A||--3---------------------|--3---------------------|-----6------------------|
    E||------------------------|------------------------|--4---------------------|

G# A# A#
    ------------------------|------------------------|------------------------|
    --------4-------4-------|--------4--3----4-------|--------4--3----4-------|
    -----------7-------5----|-------------------3----|-------------------3----|
    ------------------------|-----3------------------|-----3------------------|
    -----6------------------|--1---------------------|--1---------------------|
    --4---------------------|------------------------|------------------------|

Cm Cm
    --3------3-3-3--3----3--|--3------3-3-3--3----3--||
    --4------4-4-4--4----4--|--4------4-4-4--4----4--||
    --5------5-5-5--5----5--|--5------5-5-5--5----5--||
    --5------5-5-5--5----5--|--5------5-5-5--5----5--||
    --3------3-3-3--3----3--|--3------3-3-3--3----3--||
    ------------------------|------------------------||
    if you want the bass line pls tell me- i have figured it out -ill put it in the tab format - asl oask me if u want a guitar pro file

6. anujroy

anujroy New Member

hmmm ..... looks interesting ... !!!....cool work !!!

7. deathdr_87

if any of ull liked this tab - give me some reputation points!!! - id seriously like to have some green bars next to my name!!!

8. hemants

hemants New Member

**** work

Death or no death deathdr its...FAG chha!!

thts his reall name..
    he is chha...fag chha...

9. anujroy

anujroy New Member

what was that ... ???....

10. deathdr_87

hemant - ur a bi***...

11. soulscape777

soulscape777 Oneiric

bande ...

hi,just passin' thru.i happenend to play with Ocean in a couple of concerts enough to know that the song is played in Dm(Aeolian),actually they tune a step down to D......hence most of u will have trouble working out the exact shapes.Sushmit does alot of pedal(tone)work and the intro chords/voicings have an open flavour.It'll be easier for acoustic and non floating bridge(elec players) to alter there tuning and get the actual flavour or a shade closer :p
    For those workn out in Cm ...its a good idea to use fingerstyle on Cm(7) and Cm11 voicings.As for me,i improvised in Cm and as Sushmit was doing the actual parts,i had lots of space to improvise with m9,m11,sus and maj7/9/6 inversions ,voicings and triads.The solo changes modulate a bit & the part with tabla/vocal improv. is actually more like a fixed line happening (more or less....)a good way to improvise on it is to use the C melodic minor(ascending)and descend C aeolian.You can also hear a very prominient 'B'ibeing accented in that section....courtesy melodic minor,so thats a good earmark to get in tht particular flavour while improvising.If its any help....the elec. gtr parts have been played by Paresh Kamath on the recording/album(Ex.Witchhammer..riots in tihar..remember:p)...so if u know him...he'll give u the lowdown on the solo on the album.The outro solo changes are simple and u could color it up by combining C(m)pentatonic,C Aeolian.Remember,soloing is more about phrasing(note choice(s))than playing mugged patterns or 'comfort zone'shapes n scales...that alot of us get used to at times and get bound too.
    hope this helps u a bit more in understanding and working out the song.
    Cheers,
    Soul

12. anujroy

anujroy New Member

man ...!!!! ...that was some REAL pro stuff !!! ....

13. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

All i cud see was.....
    hi,just passin' thru.i happenend to play with Ocean in a couple of concerts enough to know that the song is played in......blur....blur............
    hope this helps u a bit more in understanding and working out the song.
    Cheers,
    Soul

That was way over my head:):)

14. deathdr_87

i know my tab sounds 100% right when played with the song - also - whil soloing - i dont somehow like the solos played in the song - i know thats it a melodic minor will descending - the flattened not is very distinct - but it does sound weird with the actual rhythm riff - thus while the solo is being played- im guessing theres only a bassline - no chords -(i cant hear any) - - while solong - i use Cm appregios - and some nice c minor runs - i dont include the flattened note simply because the other guitarist will find the rhythm that we are maintaining weird- for the acoustic solo - the pentatonic sounds nice - but after a while we switch to a distortion rhythm and at the same time put i play my solo - this solo centres around the c placed on the 13th fret on the bstring... it really sounds nice - especially the minor appregio there - go on some pentatonic tapping and go through a nice run on the b string and g string donw to the Cm chord and hence pentatoniuc sclae centering around the 3rd to 5th frets.. sounds really nice - every1 whos heard our cover of the andheh prefers our version -0 including solo and vocals to the original.... all credit due to Indian Ocean for writing a brilliant song though!!! cant take anything away from them!

15. anujroy

anujroy New Member

this thread is really getting TECHIE !!!!.......

16. deathdr_87

@anujroy:

haha chill - its just meant for bands who are really looking to cover this song nicely - if ur just inerseted in playing out the song just play the riff ive shown and then switch to the power chords when u feel like- itll sound nice

17. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

that'd be so nice of you..
    a guitar pro file would be excellent!