Req: Humming Bird - Gibson

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sDEVs, Dec 4, 2010.

1. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Hi friends,

I just wanted to know about the Gibson's "Huming Bird" model. How much does it cost? Where can I see it? Any users over here for a review...

2. shailm

shailm New Member

i dont own a gibson hummingbird but my friend does.it's is a great guitar. its warmer sounding, highs arent too bright. great guitar for finger picking. i personally thought it was a hard guitar to play as a beginner, but once you get used to it, its awesome. the cheapest version of the gibson versions are 2,000$ going upto i believe 5,000$.
    I do own the epiphone hummingbird, its nice for the price, looks great, sounds decent. i feel like the body is smaller than the gibson one, but cant be 100% sure. also it feels like the epiphone is not as loud. i still have to switch out the plastic saddle, nut and bridge pins to something nicer. all in all not a bad recreation. the epiphone can be bought for 250-300$.

3. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Do we get it it India? What are the Indian prices of both?

4. shailm

shailm New Member

5. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Very very thankful to you Shalim. I got the idea. Actually I was fascinated with it looking at it in Mohit Chavan's hands in a live show...