Req: Help on strumming pattern!

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by Acoustic_Allure, May 30, 2005.

1. Acoustic_Allure

Acoustic_Allure New Member

Hi there!

Can anyone please help me with the strumming pattern of the song "Humko sirf tumse pyar hai" from the movis Barsaat.
    I like this song a lot. I got the chords but could not figure out the exact srumming pattern.
    Please help, if possible!

Cheers!
    :nw:

2. skalahas

skalahas New Member

it has a slow rhythm and I have used "D/DU"....it sounded pretty good...

3. dream_seller

dream_seller New Member

the rthytm as i guess is 6/8 style. u play it like

D D DD D D DD

it the first two strums u hit the bass strings(upper three) and in the sthird and fourth the treble strings(lower three) this is how i play it...and it sounds good...but i m not sure if this is the original...

4. sonti_in

sonti_in New Member

hi acoustic_allure .... never strummed with this song but to understand the strumming pattern i generally try to understand the beats and purcussion pattern of the songs .... and different ppl has diff techniques .... this may not be a direct answer to your request .... but i tht i would share this 'cause it may help ....

5. vini

vini Repeat Offender

hey..guys..do u think its the right forum to post such query..this way u will mess up...find the apt forum for ur query and post it there..for ur query..u cud've tried beginnerz q&a..i hope in future uL consider that..thanx a lot!

tahda!

ps-sorry mods for doing this on ur behalf but dontcha think..derz too much of fish market made here..ev1z posting wherever they feel like..no thread moving and closing??..wotsay?

6. skalahas

skalahas New Member

vini,

what's wrong with this thread ? It belongs in Hindi forum as acoustic_allure wants to find out the strumming for a particular song..and people are trying to help him out. There is nothing wrong in that.

-S

7. Acoustic_Allure

Acoustic_Allure New Member

Hey all!!!!

Calm Down....
    Stick to the point!
    Please answer the query! I feel it is appropriate in this forum and rightly so being supported by a couple of mates! If you have no answer please refrain from replying.

I do believe that strumming is intuitive and it does depend on "your" perception of beats and percussion. Thats why I wanted to know how others do it.
    I am learning : I tried...D/DU and D D DD D D DD but i find strumming intuitively easier than a specific pattern. Thats why it is difficult for me to write down.

What is your pattern of strumming skalahas? Give some insights! What say?
    Knowledge increases and improves by sharing!

Cheers! :beer: