REQ: Guitar to PC connection and SW

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by dlogic, Jun 23, 2005.

1. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

i have a acoustic guitar which can be pluged into a speaker/amplifiler. Is it possible that i can connect it to my pc and use it through some software for learning and other purposes. Can any one suggest me the software and the type of cable i must use..

2. anirban.d.das

anirban.d.das New Member

even i hv a semi acoustic and yes u can plug it into ur comp
    u can record urself playin
    ull probably need a converter pin and be sure u hv 8 ohm speakers

3. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hmmm
    guitar pro is a good software for learning and playing along kinda stuff

guitar FX works well as a processor (u can add delays/overdrive/chorus ... tons of other effects) ...

4. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

You can get a simple pin that u can plug into your guitar it will have a bigger male socket and a small female socket ..... so u plug it in and then plug in any normal cable "Like the one used for headphone" into the female socket .... an dplug the other side to the sound card.....
    I suggest u atleast have a basic soundblaster if you want to record stuffs .... Onboard sound cards suck ... they add in lots of disturbance .....

Use FX BOX 2.6 if you need some effectes .... u can use it to record too... a cool software....
    else just to record u have soundforge cakewalk sonic and many other stuffs ......

Anyway best of luck recording.....

5. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

i wanna tune my guitar using my comp. and may be play a given TAB. Can i do that using guitar pro??
    Secondly i wanna know where can i get the cable in Delhi ?? i live in south delhi.

6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hmm yeah ...

with guitar pro u can import the text file tabs ...
    the only problem is that if the tabs donot have good time spaces it wont sound nice ...

there is a tuner also in guitar pro ...

+ if u are into rock music then u will find many guitar pro tabs ... which are accurate (that u'll know the moment u play them) ...

7. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

how can i tune my guitar using comp. i am new to guitar i can do some so - so tuning but i want some perfect tuning. how can i achive that?

8. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

dunno abt. delhi but go to any electronics store - show them an instruemnt cable and tell them u want to convert it to a computer pin - theyll give u a pin for 2-3 rupees... (maybe 10 at max).

yse guitar pro will do that for u.

9. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

can anybody help me with guitar fx3?does it enables real time processing?and how?

i know it works only with the net connection once on.....besides that i cant do anything...it has a demo which can be played infinitely...how can i input ma guitar's sound?i have that pin converter and all that tension...but cant seem to figure out the software?
    help pls..

10. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Guitar fx is really simple..just plug your guitar cable in the line-in start up guitarfx and press the start button,and u can download TONS of presets from the guitarfx site...

11. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

can any one tell me how to tune my guitar using my comp

12. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

13. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

yeah AP guitar tuner is really good. One of the best tuners out there