Req : details on a bass guitar

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by sam#3, Dec 10, 2008.

1. sam#3

sam#3 The Lucifer

Guys... Will sumbdy tell me the technicalities of a bass guitar... I mean hw it is built? The materials generally used... The pikups... Features of a good bass...hw much a decent bass must cost? N a few popular models...

2. sam#3

sam#3 The Lucifer

any expert bassist here??

3. sam#3

sam#3 The Lucifer

Sumbdy?? Help guys...

4. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

The cheapest one you can get is the Givson. I think its about 5 K. Theres a yamaha one for 12K thats supposed to be the best in the Price range.

5. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

Bass guitar is a four/five/six/seven string guitar wit a very low sound..........its built like an electric guitar only but wid different pups......genrally da materials used are mahogany/rosewood or maple for da fretboard (rosewood is more common in india)........its made of da same fibre as an electric guitar and is much more difficult to tune ;-)...........newayz da i hd used a givson challenger(5k) for 5 months and frankly it suxx..........i den switched to a java (dun remeber da model no. bt it was for 7k) it was gud enough for me to use for an year and den i switched to a fender striker which i bought second hand for 16k.......nd it was awesum.....
    I hvnt played on da yamaha bass but frm wat i hve heard da lower range ones suck big tym (nt as much as givson though m sure).........ibanez are supposed to be reeli good bt da one i hve played on was for 24000 so dun knw bout da lower end ones.........

6. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

nd u hve to wait for atleast 72 hous b4 bumping for replies on IGT........

7. sam#3

sam#3 The Lucifer

Thanx a lot man...
    I'll make it sure not to bump so sun, actually ws in a hurry... Thnx.