REQ: Compare Boss GT-6 and Line 6 PODxt Live

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ananth222, Mar 30, 2005.

1. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

I am planning to upgrade to a better processor. I've narrowed my choice to Boss GT6 or Line 6 PODxt Live.
    Any personal experiences with these processors?
    Please tell me ur take on which is better.

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

GT6 production is stopped as Boss has upgraded to GT8. Now it's expected that GT6 price would drop down as it's only the old stocks in the stores waiting to get disposed / sold. So you can utilize this opportunity and catch hold of GT6. Personally I didn't like GT6 but there are plenty of people who are happy with it, so you might go with the majority.

3. shak

shak Harrr!

havent tried any of those ..but i think pod should be better ...

4. Satch_fan

Satch_fan New Member

@ananth...I agree with ronnieanand....even myself also is on the lookout of a high-end processor and think of GT-6 as one of the options...but I have seen my band-mate using GT-6....does not seem to be sounding that exciting....however might be a hasty conclusion....anyway we shall be soon playing around with the settings of the gadget..the sound obviously depends on other things too such as the amp plus better guitar...we'll see if the sound of it improves...options are many though as expected......will post my feedback shortly.....till then happy practising...
    I guess fewer people know about the pod...so one might not get the appropriate resale value for the pod...GT-6 is very popular indeed....sometimes you may contemplate changing over to using stompboxes and might think of selling.....anyways so long...till then happy practising...

5. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

just an update
    I heard samples from both and both sound good
    I am getting the impression that the pod may be better cos of some features: you can connect it to the computer thru USB and theres a software that lets u edit patches on the computer. they also have a huge patch database and if u need a patch for a song, u can just search, download, and transfer it to the processor from ur computer. the line 6 site is better and more informative than the boss site.