req : "chinna kannan alaikiraan"

Discussion in 'Tamil Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by pearlmaharajan, May 25, 2012.

1. pearlmaharajan

pearlmaharajan New Member

Hi experts,

please post the chords for the song "chinna kannan alaikkiraan" from the movie "Kavikuyil"
    sung by the legendary Bala Murali Krishna and composed by the Maestro

thanks in advance

Pearl

2. thamboo

thamboo Member

Reethigowlai - "Kangal Irandaal" was also set under this; always wondered why these sounded similar
    i even wondered why ""Amma Enrazhaikkaadha" & "Janani Janani" sounded the same - because of Kalyani

3. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Yes - Chinnakannan Azhaikiran is based on Reethigowlai - A janya ragam of Karaharapriya. A vakra ragam with convoluted notes.

IR has composed this with wonderful carnatic flavour.

The song starts like this - C D# D D# (Chinnakannan) F A# A# C (Azhaikiran) - In the same flow of Arohanam of the raga.

There is another IR melody in this raga - "Thalaiyai Kuniyum Thamarai Ye" (Film - Oru Odai Nadhi Aagirathu) - Enjoy....Sathya

4. roentgen

roentgen Well-Known Member

C#m scale.

(C#m)Chinna kannan (B)azhaikkira(C#m)n
    (B)raathaiya(E)i poong(B)gothaiya(E)i
    (E)aval manam konda ragasiya raagaththai (B)paadi
    (C#m)chinna kannan (B)azhaikkira(C#m)n

(C#m)KangaL solginra kavithai
    IIam vayathil eththanai kodi
    Enrum kaathalai (B)kondaadum (C#m)kaaviya(B)me
    (C#m)Puthumai (B)malarum (F#)inimai
    Antha (E)mayakkaththil inaivathu uravukku (B)perumai

Rajesh :music:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  5. pearlmaharajan

thanks a ton man...

6. thamboo

thamboo Member

yesterday night i accidentally noted that the commercial from "3 Roses" 'healthy tea' has a flute interlude and it was just reminding me of Reethigowlai

7. pearlmaharajan

yes... thamboo.. I too noticed the ad.. its almost like a lift from the flute piece of this song...

8. roentgen

roentgen Well-Known Member

Another popular song in the raagam is 'Kangal irandal' from Subramaniapuram.

9. pearlmaharajan

yes... right on the first time when I heard the song.. I felt strong connection between these two songs...