REQ: Can anyone tell me....

Discussion in 'Bengali Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by Arindam.Ray, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

Jhaapa is not the right word. I'd say matching of style. Now, if I like fossils , and I want to create music. I'd be influenced to fossils's style. I 'd sing like rupom. I'd start my songs with Em. And write hot blooded lyric. And will that mean I am copying ?.. I don't know. Please explain me what you mean by copying then ??

nIK!:eek::

2. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

@subhro
    Then let him Decide if he does or not! Wot are you doin?

3. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

And one more thing subhro..
    Hav you heard every song of the band you mentioneed? If you havn't, how can you be so sure that dis band doesn't copy?

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Quite obviously, I do not. To say something like there is no originality in music in the subcontinent is quite ignorant really.

One thing most people should keep in mind is that there has never been a market for wannabes. Rupam did not become famous because he sang like Bruce Dickinson. If people want to listen to Carlos Santana, why would they come to hear someone play like him? They'd put in a CD and get what they want. To be inspired is not a sin but to be inspired into being a wannabe is.

5. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Nice signature you hav, subhro..
    It resembles U quite a lot..

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

yes, I have.

He can be sure that this band does not copy from songs to make originals because they do not even copy the originals when they are doing covers. The lyrics stay the same, the artists are acknowledged and the music is awesome yet not even near the same.

Check out their album titled Escape the roar if you will.

7. nik_bokacheley

Sugata don't get into rows with subhro. Subhoro knows his job. :) Let's stick to discussions and not quarrels.

Subhoro da.. Keep posting boss..!!

bjr.. where can i get skinny alley tracks ?:think:

** no offences meant to anyone **

nIK!:banana:

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

They were going to put up samples at www.skinnyalley.com but I don't know if they have already.

If you're looking for the CD, it's available at planet M and music world for Rs. 120.

9. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

ur thoughts r as constipated as da face in ur avatr. :)

u rule dude :rock:

cheers!
    cya....

its a futile attempt on my part 2 get sumthin in2 ur intel brains.

but wud care 2 do so 1 last time!

i nevr claimed dat the band Skinny Alley nevr copied or nything as such!!

i just merely passed on the link 2 u whr u got 2 kno wot was Skinney Alley in d frst place!.. coz u said u din kno wot it was.
    and abt the 2 intel qs tht followed frm u.. go thru my earlier post agn..

hope tht helps!

if it doesnt. tht was jus 1 last futile attempt by me.

nywys we hav deviated a lot frm d thrd topic.

go bck 2 d strt of this post. :)

adios!

@nik ;)..

10. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

@bjr
    Exactly!
    I was tryn to point out just dat. If every one copied everythin, then there ud be no more songs!!!! But still people sayz... Bangla rock is nothin but Copies of english rocks and bla bla bla...

It is not gud to blame everyone sayin they are copying. Every song has it's own taste..

11. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

@ Subhro
    Ya! I am brave enough to show my face whatever I look. Not like you people..

12. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

@Subhro
    Did it disturb you ! Really sorry, Next time, don't see my profile. And plzz Do not stick your head where you are not needed

13. nik_bokacheley

Thread closed !

nIK!:eek::

14. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

well, a healthy debate is all in good taste. but plz make sure it doesnt turn into a quarrel. this is a request from my part.

15. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

Aami Nik ke ekta kotha bolte chai. Ekla ghar aar Hotel California chord progressions e mil achhe thik i, kintu jhapa noy. Duto gaaner full chording tui jaanle ei kotha boltish na. Aar je haramjada ei argument ta suru korli, sei die hard Lakhichhara fan ta koi? Oke bolish hallowed be thy name, the trooper aar sudhu chai tomay porpor sunte. Tar poreo jodi o bole je Fossils Lakkhichharar theke jhapate kom jai na, tahole oke bolish kaanta check korie nite. Aar mathatao.

16. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

sayan, eder sathe torko korar moto energy amar nei:yawn:
    Ja bole bolte de.
    Jakge, Deba r kotha ta thik, Karon Ekla ghar shuru hochhe Am die, ar Hotel California shuru hochhe Em die. So, sedik theke dekhle mil nei. Kintu abar Nik er kothao kichhuta thik, karon, Ekla Ghar chesta korle Em thekeo gaoa jai(Hotel california r moto pattern diei). Oboshho eta tora aro bhalo bolte parbi.Janina, tobe amio sunechi je Ekla Ghar gaan ta Hotel california theke probhabito hoyei gaoa.
    Kintu JHAPA NOI. Karon duto gaaner Mane Puro Alada, Taste o Alada.

17. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

some confusion here. let me sort it out.

first of all, hotel california doesn't start from Em, but from Bm. it is actually played with a capo on the 7th fret. so the shape is that of Em, because the Bm chord has a barre in the seventh fret, so if u put a capo the shape of Em remains. but the actual scale is Bm.
    about transposing (putting a song in another key), ekla ghar can be put in ANY minor key. that doesnt signify anything.in fact, i very often sing hotel california in the key of Am because of the limited range of my voice.

about chords progressions, there are subtle differences. im writing the progressions below.

HOTEL CALIFORNIA

Bm - F# - A - E - G - D - Em - F#

EKLA GHAR

Am - C(!) - G - F#m(!) - F - C - Dm - E

you will see that if you transpose the hotel california progression to Am, the second chord comes as E, but in ekla ghar it is actually a C chord. similarly, the fourth chord, which should have been a D, is an F#m. so though there is a noticable influence, its not a direct copy.

I'm not at all taking sides here, but only clarifying some points.Cheers!!

18. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

:oops:, ota hotel california chilo na, ota Nothing else matter er chord chilo. Ashole oi gaan ta amar eto bhalo laage j bhul kore hotel california r chord bhebe ota bosie diechi. Sayan, I'm xtremely sorry for dat.
    You are absolutely right sayan. gaan ta ke Transpose korlei hotel california hoye jai :Laughing:

19. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

^^^^^^^^^^lololololz.............

nothing else tar verse er crds samer as kano korle.tai nah??

jodio hetfiled bajai em-d-c-add9th......

and sugata, skinny ally teh amit dutta bajay.......so baje boko nah,

20. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Ami ekbar o AMit Dutta ke ba Skinny Alley ke kharap bolini, Post gulo bhalo kore porlei bujhte parbi..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.