Req: About Power Chords

Discussion in 'Tamil Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by saranya08, May 9, 2009.

1. saranya08

saranya08 New Member

Helloooo.. Can anyone explain me about power chords? For example wat D5 denotes?

2. Sury

Sury New Member

power chords

just play D and the 5th note which is A together. In carnatic language you will play a Sa and a Pa - but basically it is a fifth away. So a D5 is D and an A played together and no other notes. It may be easier than playing a three note or four note chord. It also gives the jamming rock sound often heard in many rock/pop songs. In rock music most often played on the high strings (top ones) and with often with palm muting. Have fun.

3. druss

druss New Member

hi

hi im new in this site. i prchased a guitar and dont know how to play chords please gudie me if any 1 can tell me that will be wonder full
    thanx
    druss

4. druss

druss New Member

hi i am very new commer in the fileld of guitar if any 1 can suggest how to play chords and wht the meaning of power chords i will appricita repply so hope fully i will enjoy this site i wann leran guitar may be if any 1 can suggest how to start basiccaly i m havung problem in palyiying chords so please let me know the techniqe of chord playing hopefully some 1 guide me .