req. 1000 points on lamhay solo....

Discussion in 'Pakistani Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by Hav0c_x, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Orange Guitar

Orange Guitar IGT's ALLROUNDER

again!!!!!!!! where r my points???????????????

2. har1s

har1s <b>Untitled</b>

hey orange...the scale theory u guyz r talkin abt...umm do u knw n e website that explains the theory n scales properly??...bcoz i neva understood these scales n stuff all i knw is the minor, minor pentatonic, a major and blues scale....but i dont know da theory behind the,....so n e help??

3. Quadrophenia

Quadrophenia Member

@har1s...u can always goto
    https://members.tripod.com/~johncomino/4notechrds.htm
    click on home (i saved some chords stuff in bookmarks)
    https://www.zentao.com/guitar/theory/ this one i used myself ALOT..its really really good
    goto : wwww.wholenote.com www.cyberfret.com www.ultimate-guitar.com (click on lessons)
    or best yet. SEARCH google..basically u're looking for KEYS and scales. and the relationship between the two .. good luck..alternatively u cud post this msg on beginners forum..or even search beginners forums on IGT..i'm sure u'll come across some stuff..
    happy hunting!

4. larsan

larsan K-Dash

ppl i duno y u under estimate gohar............

5. Orange Guitar

Orange Guitar IGT's ALLROUNDER

6. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Sorry for hopping in here. I dont know anything about the song you are discussing here but as far as I read in these posts and understood, the song is the key of B Major. The various modes would be

B Ionian
    C# Dorian
    D# Phryggian
    E Lydian
    F# Mixolydian
    G# Aeolian (Natural Minor)
    A# Locrian

One of said that he played the solo in C# Dorian and in Live he played in G# Minor Pentatonic. If you notice G# Minor or G# Aeolian is still in the key of B Major. Be it B Major Scale or C# Dorian or G# Minor it still shares the same notes. The modes is by the feel and the progression more than just the beginning note. A lot of times a different grace note is added in the front but that doesn't change the total mode of the song. And using pentatonic minor is still a subset of the natural minor scale and that doesn't change anything.

@Shahrukh. Dorian, Phryggian, etc... could also be considered as separate scales. For a dominant sevent chord, it's usual to play a Mixolydian 'cos Mixolydian in nothing but a Major Scale with a Flattened Seventh. A dominant seventh chord also has it's seventh flattened. Lets say E7 is the chord, you can straight away solo in E Mixolydian as a scale instead of thinking of it as a A Major Scale with a different modality. Another example of A Major Scale. You can have a E Mixlolydian Progression without having a A chord in it even though the parent scale of A Major. In that case, it's much easier to consider the mode itself as a scale than as a mode of a different root.