Remembering Dimbag Darrell

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by ssslayer, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

Ppl ...

does any one has any info on wha has happ to Pantera ... esp after Dimebag left and found Damageplan ... and then got killed ...

and speaking of Darell ... i guess he was gr8 guitarist ...

ne one heard Cemetary Gates (u cannot expect most of the deathmetal/thrash metal/grindcore axe men to come up with such brilliant stuff)

and FLoods ... wow ... even the Planet caravan was covered very well ... guess i like it more than the original Sabbath ...

ne one has more of such melodic stuff by Dimebag (no not the usual Pantera thrash/death metal stuff) ...

2. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

aahh....me wonderin the same thin....dimebag (rip) was god......

cemetery gates was a divine song.......so was flood......i even love '5 minutes alone'....

3. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

i didnt like Pantera or Damageplan very much. Dimebag was a good guitarist though, a nice person too.

4. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

waiting to read dharmatmas view on this:D

5. tejas

tejas ..........

Dimebag was indeed a very good guitarist. I like Pantera, but I don't like Damageplan.
    I was seriously shocked when I found out he was killed. And it was my birthday too that day. It totally ruined it. RIP Dimebag.

6. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

its feels very bad when a guitarist is killed for no reason of his own.
    i dnt like pantera at all but i must admit after hearing Cemetry Gates i respect Dimebag a lot. i always wonder that when guys like him had the skill to make such divinely melodic songs then why do they keep makin Death metal kinda music.
    RIP Dimebag !!! we all miss Ya

7. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

^ you dont know what you're talking about, pantera never made death metal music. and honestly guys...come on...cemetary gates was not dimebag at his best...in fact that song gets very annoying. I like his riffs on their more thrashier songs like Art of Shredding.

thats just my opinion

8. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

dimebag ..will always be remembered.

i always found his rythm work more interesting than his lead work.

the ch**t who shot dimebag is havin his balls eaten by worms.

9. pavandude

pavandude New Member

He was actually known for the high pitched harmonic trademark squeals.... one in gates' song [gaaaaates.......], message in blood..... guys can know more bout how he does it here.... chk it.... very informative.... entire harmonics thing....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFnoOm7q1jg&search=dimebag
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    PS - I know a hack to DL youtube stuff, anyone wants to know PM me......

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

d00d, you should've made a new thread on pinch harmonics.
    Why post it here?

And staying on topic, I frankly dont know what has become of Pantera.
    + Too bad Dimebag got shot.
    Heard that Van Halen was his biggest influence.

11. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

yeah he was influenced by Van Halen , Judas Priest ( the necklace shows the influence ) , Iron Maiden , Sabbath ..pretty much all those British Steel bands.

and he is remembered for his squels and his blues licks which he combines with Metal.

Pantera's influence by Judas Priest can be seen in their earlier albums like
    Metal Magic , Power Metal and Projects in the Jungle . They kinda sounded like Hair Metal .But after they got hold of Phil Anslemo , they kinda changed their style . Cowboys from Hell was sort off their first album .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.