Regarding Covers

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by slash_i_m, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

why can't we have cover competitions ?like the mods.or whoever is incharge of the recording forum gives a particular song per month,probly one in hindi and one in english every month and the person with the best cover be awarded points in the end of the month.this would be cool.tab sites like ultimate guitar have this kind of competitions.but IGT will be unique as we even hav a hindi forum.:)

2. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

So, music is a sport?

3. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

I like the idea. Infact, we can upload the mp3's on a particular thread and keep a poll.

4. Bleeding Guitar

Bleeding Guitar New Member

awsome idea man .. lets c what Mods think abt this.
    i mean i dun think they say no

5. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

absolutely fantastic idea. it'll be an enriching experience to hear what people make of a cover.

6. har1s

har1s <b>Untitled</b>

nice idea.... but there r also a lot of paki members here i gues... :annoyed:

my opinion (takin ur idea a step further) ... there should be three songs given every week i.e. 3 different competitions... one paki, one english, and one hindi song per week... a separate prize or watever for the paki song...separate one for the hindi n a separate one for the english..
    this i think will give more oppotunities to the members..

7. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

[/QUOTE]my opinion (takin ur idea a step further) ... there should be three songs given every week i.e. 3 different competitions... one paki, one english, and one hindi song per week... a separate prize or watever for the paki song...separate one for the hindi n a separate one for the english..
    this i think will give more oppotunities to the members..[/QUOTE]
    i'm very sorry for not mentioning about the paki members.sure that would be awesome.thanx guys for appreciating the idea.it will be great if the mods agree to this.

8. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

If the participants do not flame each other on the basis of the results then its fine. Also, if the idea materialises I sugesst all the members of the site to judge the recordings rather than a panel of judges to avoid any personal conflicts AND the contest/competition/tournament shud be divided into two languages Hindi/Urdu/or other regional language (there might be people wanting to record in Carnatic or Bengali too) and English because the style of singing is completely different here.

9. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

yeah thatz true.

10. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

lol, for all the new denizens of this realm, competitions have a very bad history here........... but i guess if someone can take charge and make it work, it's a good idea.

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

bad in what sense? Participation or partiality or something else?

12. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Good idea .. but da rules n procedure has to be carefully planned out to avoid any kinda unstability ..

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

*reads the first post*
    *goes back to practising improvising on GMaj 9th sus 4th transitioning to G7th flat 5th flat 9th*

14. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^^^Good to see competition reducing :)

15. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

How are you even doing that....and while we're at it, how are you playing the chords?

I doubt I could figure it out without a pen and paper :eek::

I think the rules should be coming in soon enough.

16. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Participation is crappy, people dont know how to honor their word, of course but that's just been my experience, if you could make it work, it would be interesting.

17. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

yup lets see wat the mods hav to say.hope a positive reply.

18. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

the idea is quiet nice......but if its happening its happening admist stringent rules...to avoid any nataks...

19. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

yup.rules are a must.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.