Regarding Acoustic-Electric guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by archangel, Nov 14, 2006.

1. archangel

archangel New Member

Buying an Acoustic-Electric guitar

I am planning to buy a guitar; preferably, an acoustic-electric one.
    Used to play with Fender and Yamaha ones. I dont have much insight about choosing a good guitar in terms of its overall parameters.

It would be great if you guys can guide me through, in choosing a good guitar.

Also, one of the local guys here has put up a listing and I am just pinning the link for that ad too.
    https://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-an...ET-NECK-GUITAR-2-HB-PUPS-NEW-W0QQAdIdZ6033540

According to that listing, its a brand named "Simon". Never heard of it. So I am hoping that atleast some of u maybe be knowing about the things to look for and consider when buying an acoustic electric guitar.

So, please help me by providing good suggestions and feedback....and if possible, it would be much helpful, if u can rate how good is the guitar listed above....

2. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

^^^Dont tell me that you used to play Fender and yamahas and you dont have an insight to pick a good electric aacoustic....was that a joke or what???

3. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

well dunno much abt acoustic elec bt if u played fenders u must be a gd on selectin guitars

4. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

looks like a Les Paul copy...

5. archangel

archangel New Member

Comeon yaar...Somehow, I have to admit that I am not that adept when it comes to selecting a guitar.
    Its true that I used to play Fender CD60, an entry level guitar....
    I would consider myself as a guitarist somewhere nearing towards Intermediary levels of playing...

Please acknowledge my ignorance and if you dont mind, please help me, ....I am dying without a guitar....

6. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

lets die together cus im withering away without a guitar too...few questions tho
    1.Where is that guitar coming from?
    2.Whats your budget?
    3.Where do you live?
    4.Have u checked out www.bajaao.com ?
    5.Have u checked out www.bharatmusichouse.com ?
    6.Have u concidered just Electric guitars ?
    7.Have u thought of second hand stuff ?

Will help you once u tell us that

7. born2tab

Okies bro!!!
    Dont cha worry...But as ^^^ said the most important thing is where are you right now...I mean where do u stay...only then I can advise you which guitar to buy...Coz if I was in your place , I wud have purchased a Gibson accoustic electric, the same used By our Strings band...But alas its not available in Bangalore:mad:

8. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

nothings available in Bangalore...theres this guy venky...who's not worth even checking out his stuff...he charged me 27k for a 24k guitar and much worse to others

9. archangel

archangel New Member

Let me answer ur qns first...

I am living in Edmonton, Canada...
    I am looking for something between 300-500 dollar range....
    If I was in India, would have certainly...checked out those sites....
    I would prefer acoustic electric to classical acoustic and electric ones.....
    I wouldnt mind considering second hand stuff....

10. archangel

archangel New Member

Quite far from you bro....

I can just dream about Gibsons now...pocket too should be big enough nah....

And just a quick question for u...the link I posted above features a guitar which doesnt have the conventional looks of acoustic-electric ones....I loved the way it looked, but cant conclude anything about it yet....
    Because the acoustic-electric ones I used to play with are hollow body; can be used without plugging it too....
    So just doubtful, how that advertised guitar would sound like and perform.....

11. born2tab

jus chill

Bro!!! if you can manage to lay your hands on that one which u are planning to buy and try strumming a few tones and try the spider exercises..if you feel its comfy for you then no one shud stop you..just go ahead and buy if...
    But do try to play a few strums b4 you decide...:think:
    I selected all my 3 guitars thatway only...and they have been the wisest choices..hobner,washburn and a fender:beer:
    All the best bro!!!:rock:

12. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

whats the price on an ibanez artcore?

13. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

theres an epiphone dot available on the furtados catalog for 27k...i think thats an electric acoustic

14. archangel

archangel New Member

Obviously, thats a must-to-do when buying a guitar....
    Will see whether it sounds fair enough, and comfy enough for handling and playing....

Hey bro, thanks for taking the time and patience to help me out...
    I will have a look at a couple of guitars this weekend...

I know, looks can be deceiving but what do u honestly think about the guitar I posted above...the pickups arent so convincingly finished from the pictures...are they supposed to look like that....???...