Recording ???

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by rickkkyrich, May 6, 2010.

1. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Hello guys
    i am new to recording and have very little idea bout the technical stuff involved.
    i know wat things like Superior Drummer , EZdrummer, VST Plugins, DAW(Digital Audio Workstation) are but donno bout how they actually work..

So if anybody is there who do recording and stuff in Bangalore please teach me.. i jus wanna see how things work..

Thanks

2. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Just check my sticky in the IGT Soundtrack section!
    https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=29745

Just search google for almost everything you want to know about recording and stuff.

There are 2 things you should own before you start making your own music, at least to make a start in this world of computerized music, firstly you must have a good PC(fast processors) with enough memory (RAM) installed and secondly a good low (zero) latency soundcard! If you want to work with OS Win7 then i suggest at least dual core processors and atleast 4GB Ram!
    All the progs and VST-plugins and VST-Instruments needed are available on the many torrentsites!
    Good luck man!

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

If you have a mac, there is garage band, which is probably the easiest software to start recording. I guess there are a few windows alternatives out there. But if you want to record guitar you would need an interface and also a decent mic for recording vocals. But technology is cheap these days. You can get a working recording set up in less than 5K.

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

thanks guys for ur replies .. btw i have a decent Toshiba laptop.. 3gb RAM .. core 2 duo proc.. and i use windows XP professional..
    i recently bought an interface for recording vocals and guitars..
    i have cubase 5 and EZDrummer but i'm not able to build drum tracks with it.. googled a lot but i'm not gettin the right thing.. maybe i'm too lame.. but i'm able to record guitar..
    anybody has experience with EZDrummer please share your views.. any help will be appreciated..

5. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Firstly i think you should learn how to use Cubase 5 the proper way, how to use VST Instruments etc.
    You also could search youtube, there are many videos about Cubase and the many VST-plugins.
    The most easiest way to use EZDrummer is just dragging the already made midi tracks in this VSTi.
    First listen to the samples as make your choice which you want to us, once you made the choice just drag it to the track and eventually edit this to make it sound how you want it to be sounded!
    Just check this youtube video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpw8rNZ2xVA

Good luck man!