RECORDING of fade 2 black !!!

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by Alfons, Sep 10, 2005.

1. jekyll

jekyll Banned

well Ron if u like the harmonic sounding solo of Stargazer - u will surely love the solo of "Aria" (i dont know the correct title track name) by Rainbow ...

anyway ... Gates of Babylon :nw:

HEY I LOVE THE SOLO of "U keep on moving" ... but was Blackmore in Deep Purple that time?
    that solo almost makes me HIGH ...

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I guess you are talking about Ariel. That's from the Stranger In Us All album. That's a pretty nice solo and a real nice album too. Oooppss. Forgot the solo of Gates of Babylon. Awesome one. You Keep On Moving is from the album Come Taste The Band. It's Tommy Bolin who replaced Blackmore for the first time in Deep Purple. Actually Tommy Bolin plays his worst in that album. Check out his work with James Gang or his solo work to know the real Tommy Bolin. He was a real Super Hero then. Infact his playing is pretty futuristic for his days. Tommy Bolin is an excellent singer too. He had the sweetest voice Deep Purple ever had as a singer.

3. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Hmmm ... Starstruck is also ncie ... but i guess the riff is max cool ... better than the solo ...

:grin: yeah i think it is Ariel not Aria ... hehheee ;)

hey the voice on You keep on moving sounds like Dave Coverdale's ... or did he come in later?

anyway there is one more song from Deep Purple - am not able to remember the name - a part of the solo is very very close the one in Stargazer ... (and yeah that song - am certain has been sung by Coverdale)

4. ronnieanand

You keep in moving is sung by David Coverdale only. Actually that album sounds like a Boy Band. It had three vocalists Tommy Bolin, Glen Hughes and David Coverdale. Of them David Coverdale sounded the sickest. All of the songs are sung by all the three guys. And in some of the songs each one sings a verse and then join together and sing in chorus. Total boy band shit :mad: . No wonder why Deep Purple had to get packaged.

5. ronnieanand

I dont know if you are talking about Burn Solo. It's pretty good but Stargazer is a Masterpiece. It's one such song that you will hear only once in a decade or so.

I am hearing Sting's Desert Rose. Cool stuff. That arab or whatever has a great voice. Pretty contrasting to Sting's voice.

6. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Yeah ... to the sting thing ...

nope to the deep purple :grin: ... not Burn ... some other song ...

anyway Deep Purple OWNS all the bands ... whatever u call them boy-band ... or ball-band ...
    b.t.w. i stick to my earlier guns : the Malmsteen version of Gates of Babylon kicks the ass out of the Rainbow version ...

:p:

:phbbt:

7. ronnieanand

No way. Malmsteen kicks only his own a.ss with his version. Maybe he kicked yours. Nobody can play Blackmore.

8. jekyll

jekyll Banned

well each one to his own opinion ... anyway kudos to Malmsteen for popularisiing the classical music in rock-metal scene ...

Blackmore et al also did the same, but then :p: ...

hey that reminds me the intro to "Strange Kinda Woman" is cooool :rock:
    especially the exotic jazzy-bluesy chord with which it ends - i remmeber once challenging Death_dr to come up with the name for that chord ... even he was amazed by the number off-scale intervals in that chord ... still it sounds so nice ...

b.t.w who is hte current guitarist of Deep purple? was he there in the last album? almost sounded like Nu-metal stuff ... :annoyed:

9. ronnieanand

Well Blackmore popularized Neo Classical into Rock. Malmsteen et al copy cats did the same thing.

Hear Shades Of Deep Purple. You can hear excellent chord work of Blackmore like Hendrix.

Currently it's Steve Morse playing for Deep Purple. There is no Deep Purple without Ritchie Blackmore. Now it's all a bunch of losers living in their past glory and playing live all their Blackmore era songs. :mad:

10. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

That arab guy in Desert Rose is Cheb Mami

11. ronnieanand

Kiski maami ??

12. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

:grin:....

13. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Steve Morse is good and his Dixie Dregs stuff is excellent...ok Bananas was crap, but thats what happens when a band has lost its touch and are trying to reinvent themselve
    Even if Bananas was good would all the die hard Blackmore fans accept that, i think not.

14. ronnieanand

No Deep Purple without Blackmore. Die hard or not, No Deep Purple ever without Blackmore. This is like trying replace Mustaine in Megadeth or Hetfield in Metallica. It just does not make sense.

15. jekyll

jekyll Banned

or Toni Iommi in Black Sabbath

or Mick Jager in Rolling Stones

or Tyler Dude in Aerosmith

or Ginger Spice in Spice girls (no wonder their gruop crash landed when she quit)

or Boyzone sans Ronan Keat___ (naam yaad nahin saale ka) ...

:grin:

16. ronnieanand

Ronan Keating.

17. aneri92

aneri92 New Member

hey this sounds damn cool at 14 uv done a really gud job!!! try out some tracks by gnr like sweet child o mine

18. max_payne16

max_payne16 New Member

reps 4 ya
    i m 22 .....stil searchin notes for ths.......[:p]