RECORDING of fade 2 black !!!

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by Alfons, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

MY RECORDING : fade 2 black !!!

well since every1 waz having a go at recording ............i did fade 2 black ...
    anywayz recorded it on multiquence and with HEADPHONES MIKE and

2 givson blue diamonds , a zoom 606 and 505 2 and 2 STRANGER amps
    so dont expect da quality 2 be damn gud .... as a matter of fact itz not at all gud
    ! the wierd PHUCK-PHUCK noise is the fan (we forgot 2 turn it off ) !!!

anywayz enuf blabering ...
    the lead guitarist iz me : Alfons
    and the rhythm is ADDY PANT !!
    will record lotz of songz with drums and vocals as soon as their back !!

here's da link .... search 4 "FADE 2 KALA" ;)
    https://as01.coolgoose.com/music/category.php?id=10235

PS :suggestions can be given .... but plz no DEATH THREATS !!!
    and also we both are just 14 yrs old !! :eek::

max_payne16 likes this.
  2. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

WOW, thats amazing yaar..nice playing for a 14 year old, just needed better recording.
    But overall very nice.

3. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

cool ... donloading .. will tell ya after listening ...

this is good ... everyone is coming up with recordings ...

4. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

oohh btw i'm gonna record again cause i just got my :.............
    AMT METALIZER and ROCKTRON SHORT TIMER !!!!
    gonna record COWBOYS From hell with dat !!

5. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

hmm...

i think i first attempted this song when i was arnd 15-16 ...
    so u are already ahead of me..hehheh.

ok i heard it..it was a good attempt for a 14 yr old..but u know..there are many prodigys arnd nowadays..so age doesnt really matter.i just hope u work hard and by the time u are 15-16 u should be pulling off a lot of other stuff.

some constructive criticism.
    work on ur timing,learn the licks,the solos slow first and the build it up to speed.
    once u get it up to speed play along with the record or with a metronome..and then if u have mastered the solo in the normal speed..u can probably practice it faster with the metronome.so when u play the same solo with the band..it feels easier.

uve got decent chops....i bet u practice..hehe.

if u are usin guitar pro or tabs..to learn songs..quit using it..
    use ur ear..to pick up stuff.i know its weird coz i am typin all of these stuff in a tab site..hahha.
    use tabs only if there is a really tough passage..or some really comlex stuff happenin..and after pickin it..play and listen to what it sounds like.

learn theory..its always good.

broaden ur playin by learnin other styles too.
    my 2 bucks..
    keep playin man..u are talented..

and yea..addy pant..not bad man.

6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

nice one dude ... since i cant play even that much properly guess i cannot say anything :grin:

only one thing ... treble cuddve been kept a little less ... and didn't addy use any dist? i cudnt hear it ...

7. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Ok. I played the whole song with him except the solos. The starting part was also me. All the riffs.

8. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

I think that was because of my stupid amp (Stranger Cube20). Dunno what was happening but the bass could not be increased any further.

9. skaw

skaw snooze

aah very nice.. makes me jealous :p nice job dude ...

10. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

haha alfons.......there is always something funny abt/in your posts! :p:

11. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@aflons/addy - that was awsome man...u must try other metal stuff as well,....nice stuff....the sound was almost the same!good, no gr8!

12. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

actually nxt up is COWBOYS FROM HELL and TROOPER..... gonna do dat with my Metalizer and Rocktron Short Timer!!

13. Seelan

Seelan Soldier Of Fortune

hey broz , that really rawcked!!!!!

14. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

It was pretty to get to hear your stuff. First I had to sign up to download the thing, then my PC went Kappoot and after that my Windows Media Player went kappoot. Had to download that too and then finally heard your song. So here are the comments

1. Nice playing for a 14 year old. At 14 I dont know if I had even held a guitar in my hand.
    2. When you are soloing, hear what's going on in the Rhythm. There are a lot of places where there's no connection between the solo and the Rhythm. This is mainly due to timing as Dharam Singh pointed out.
    3. Play the song with the CD first and then with the Metronome to get your timing right. These small things could have made big difference.
    4. Bends go out of key. Watch out for the bends very carefully. A lot of people tend to go out of key on this. A small mistake in a bend could kill an otherwise great solo.
    5. Finger vibrato is a must if you have to play any melody especially when you are trying to sustain a note. The notes are dying and getting thin when you are sustaining them. A good vibrato will fix it.

Fix these small things and in a few years, you can really rock.
    Anybody can play fast with practice but it's the small things that make up a player with a difference and also differentiate a pro and an amateur.

15. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

woah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thnx a lot man !!! will surely improvise...

how come u heard this....this late ? coz this waz posted months ago !

16. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@ronnie - wow....coool.......looks like i have a loooong way to go still!:nw:

17. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Woah! I didn't know that the recording was so good! Well, right now I'm trying to learn the solo of Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd.

18. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

@Addy Pant. Your clean playing was pretty nice. You played at a neat even tempo. That was really good. But during the distortion, there was too much noise, so I couldn't make out how it went.

@Alfons. You play pretty well. Yesterday I was talking about you to my band members that a 14 year old kid from Delhi rocks :) . By the you should have written that you would improve not improvise. Improve means getting better, improvise means playing something on the spot like an extempore. You could call it a musical extempore.

Actually I saw the thread only recently. I was pretty excited wanting to check out your recording.

19. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

when we did this recording for sum reason addy pants amp went haywire and we cudnt get a bassy feel with it .........

and ur recording quality 2 sucked big time ....

20. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

@ronnie: Thanks for the compliment!