Recommendation on Soundcard

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by FEB31, Feb 14, 2008.

1. FEB31

FEB31 New Member

Folks,
    I have Windows Vista, 2 GB ram, I am planning to buy a professional soundcard. What would be better? USB or PCI? I like USB because of it's mobility!

I personally won't user more than 2/3 inputs simulataneously.

Appreciate your recommendation on make and model.

2. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Man, i really don't know whether you should go for USB or PCI (anyhow, in my opinion an internal card should be better), but if you want to buy a good card, M-Audio cards are one of the best payable professional souncards! I'm a happy owner of the M-Audio Delta 1010LT for a couple of years now.
    But there are some real professional cards and very expensive indeed, and that are the cards from RME and MOTU!
    In your case its also important to know, just be asure the card you decide to buy is Windows Vista compatible!!!
    But man, i see you are from the USA, there are so many music stores there, just visit some of them, i'm sure they can tell you all the negatives and possitives about almost all cards, and for sure why you should go for an USB or a PCI card!!!
    I bought my card in this online German shop, just take a look for almost all professional cards:
    https://www.musik-produktiv.de/(s(m...rtikelliste.aspx?wg_id=17&ag_id=55&ob_id=1194
    Good luck man!

3. FEB31

FEB31 New Member

Thanks Keoraf for your valuable advice. I don't have budget for MOTU or RME :eek:). I don't believe the sales persons in music store. Many of them are only loyal to profit and base their specific suggestions on the products that make them the most money :eek:)