Recommend A Bass

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by FM King, Mar 20, 2008.

1. FM King

FM King New Member

I am new to IGT and here goes my 1st Post :)

I am planning to buy a bass. Since I am a Lefty :( unfortunately my options are down to Givson and Givson only as they have a Factory in Kolkata where I live and they told that they would make any model with Lefty configuations :)

My Budget is around 10k and I can strech it to at max 11k with Amps - No Processors Now so guys I need your help as to which Givson to buy and which amplifier

Thanking You,
    FM King

2. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Did u try Ibanez?? Go to Briganza and ask em if they have a lefty Ibanez bass.. in 10-12k range, tht's a very good option.. but my suggestion ud be tht u save the money and make it 20k b4 u go to buy sumthin... also.. u can contact lefty_guitarist in IGT... hez a lefty bassist from kolkata itself... so may b he'l b able to help ya...

3. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

n' Yo! Thnx for being a Liverpool fan! :)

4. FM King

FM King New Member

So You are a Red Too ?

Anyway I can't extend my budger :(:

5. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^ Yepp... another LP fan here.... :grin:
    If u cn't extend ur budget then go for IBANEZ... Though i am not a bassist, but i love to play bass. As far I know, In ur budget, tht's the best bass available...

6. FM King

FM King New Member

Which Ibanez are u talking abt ? ?
    The min one costs 12k

7. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

went to braganza once... checked an Ibanez GIO Bass (didn't check the model name), can't remember the xact cost but it shud be around 10-12k... may b that one was the one u r talking about, but the sound was awesome...

8. -Nemesis-

-Nemesis- New Member

The truth is better the bass the easier to play.
    I used to play a Givson bass..I found it hard while jamming..got my friends Fender Jazz 5 string..and wow.. ..
    =)
    Givson makes okay basses.
    I know many people who gig with them...
    Ibanez...go for a High end bass..thats a plea more than a suggestion =)

9. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^The difference is in the tone. Local pickups are not up to the mark. So, even if you are a good bassist, you would not get the sound needed. The Grooving sound doesn't come with these low cost basses. But yes, if you use an Equalizer , that'll improve the sound quite a lot.

10. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

hmmmm hey fm the thing is don listen to wateva they said......ive been playin guitar but i played as a bassist too for a band....now i hav pple here and well many pple hav consulted me before buyin stuff....wat id say is i hav played a ibanez some gio bass it was good hell yeah and ive played a high end givson model(high end givson lol) but id say i mean if ur beginner or an intermediate player its fine until n unless u are goin n performin wid some big names in the industry....givson basses are just fine.....anyhow the tone is not as such good....now all id like to tell ya is that u can go for some yamaha basses or anythin.......contact bajaao they can get ya a lefty bass any brand i suppose though itd take some time.......don worry......rock on