Reasons why NOT to buy a CHEAP Ibanez....

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by varun1712, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

Carvins are being whored a lot lately as well. Not as much as ESPs on orkut...but quite a bit...I want to play one of them quite badly

2. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

so true man.........all ****in marketing techniques, companies ruinin lives of great people and make lives of some !!!

3. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

well i know low end ibanez suck badly but its like u gotta do some setups fr the guitar.......the guitars arent bad that way.....i would also like to say that in the begining it was mentioned that pple who bcome a lil serious get to buy 20-50k guitars.......man i tell u its not everybody who can spend that kinda money......i mean its nothin for some but like somethin for many especially here in india.....well i know a person if u want his name its"sahil" hes been playin on a giVson........and that also the super delux or wateva the starting one is........but man hell hes one of a player..........u cant say he isnt serious.....he was the lead guitarist of the band i was in though i had to leave the band but that man rocks has performed wid bands in delhi tooooo......i wont like to boast abt me but even im serious abt music but i own a grg170dx ......and if its done perfectly u don need to worry the guitars one of a baby i love it and it plays like somethin.........so i mean its abt how u play not wat u play.............

4. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

technique is the most imp thing....well i few people hide it over expensive rigs but you definetly need something better than a giVson man !!! i mean seeeeesh !!! thats stoping him from playin well !!!!

5. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

i know givsons suck but u must hear him playin man.........well hes gone for bc rich lately.......

6. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

good....thank god!!!.....anyways i have a giVson suer delux anyone interested ??? gimme anything fer this junk man !!!!!!

7. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

the reason for that is pretty simple ..more people like the music created by im "marketed" greatest guitarists rather than im jazz players...So ..the better brands opt to sponsor them rather than the people(read jazz players) ..who we can safely say..are indeed a lot more talented ...

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Yes, but I also said one more thing: If you have tons of moolah to splurge, you can always get the best piece.

But when you are not a Ritchie Rich, or a professional, it makes little sense to spend so much on a guitar.

Now when Steve Vai endorses JEM, he is endorsing JEM, not the GRG series, not the Ibanez entire range.

Radicalz: I have a Givson Super Delux, and the rason why I call it crap, is not because of its toon wood or crappy pickups, but beacuse its not crafted well.

The frets were uneven, the fretbaord was not smooth, the action was too high (and lowergin the action resulted in buzz), the bridge was crappy, the tuning pegs were of such low quality that one or two washers even came off ... and the list goes on.

9. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

i know givsons are not well made but i wanted to prove the point that its ur playin which ultimately matters.......and obviously jazz musicians no no for ibanez....they would rather prefer a gresetch i sppose i spelt it wrong

10. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

700 bucks.. is it a deal...

11. Shreddy

701..... !

12. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

699!.................

13. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

very rightly said alpha...very very true indeed.
    just because satch/vai uses one particular ibanez, ppl think ibanez makes the best guitars.
    and yes, some of those jazz sessions musicians can bring satch and vai into a cold sweat.
    has anyone heard of the likes of Al DiMeola, John Scofield, Pat Metheny or Django Reinhardt?

14. Shreddy

Ive heard of the first two guys. The rest don't ring any bells...

Joe Stump FTW!

15. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

vai/satch into a COLD SWEAT.. ok the jazz guys are good but you cant compare them to vai/satch.. completly different styles...

16. Shreddy

Exactly! I learnt never to compare to diff genres of music! Thats why Megadeth > Metallica !! \m/

17. derick-shredman

derick-shredman New Member

yep, ive heard all of them... love 'em, great players. joe pass would be one my fav jazz players

18. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Whats the point in discussing this? Comparing legends?

More so, HOW CAN YOU COMPARE?

By complexity of compositions? It maybe that Vai and Joe compose not too complex stuff for the masses.

By talent? All are gifted. How do you compare gifts?

19. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

My gift was packaged more fancily than yours. :phbbt:

20. Shreddy

I didnt get a gift lol.