Reasons why NOT to buy a CHEAP Ibanez....

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by varun1712, Sep 23, 2007.

1. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

Now guys i knw 99 % of u love Ibanez....im out of the 1% fools who dont bcuz of various reasons...........I personally had a Very bad experience with my Ibanez GRG270DX.........NOT ALL IBANEZ ARE BAD........Again they ARE GOOD, but i would advise everyone to stay away from the cheap ones.....Mine was not made in China but Indonesia.

1. Tone: Ibanez provides inexpensive guitars targeted specifically at beginners. Its easy to see how they stay in business: novice guitar players arent committed enough to invest 20k-50k in something that might not be a hobby for long. Its a tough contention to dissuade people from. But, if guitar is something youre serious about, the time will come when you will want and need a serious guitar. The flat tone coming from an Ibanez will become noticeable, and not in a good sort of way.Or you will eventually modify them.Oh and did i mention it is noisy as hell, the hum makes you want to tear your brain out and eat it, when it is put at high volume.

2.Volume: The Ibanez I owned had major problems projecting. Sometimes thats a good thinglike when your roommates are trying to sleep but mostly you want a good volume issuing from your guitar. It lets you appreciate the sound better and helps you learn the small mistakes you may be making.The difference between the pickups is extreme, noticeable and very, very bad. The neck humbucker is practically a nonentity compared to the massively overpowered and tinny bridge humbucker, and the single coil, while pleasant sounding, just does not have enough output to compete with the bridge pickup. No amount of raising or lowering helped much with this massive imbalance and it still seriously detracts from the overall sound and adaptability of the guitar.

3.Weight: The weight of the guitar is lopsided. When you are weighing the options of purchasing a guitar, make sure to spend some time feeling it out for comfort. Youre going to be spending a lot of time fiddling around with it, make sure its not causing awkward movements.

4.Fret board: For some reason, the fret board on Ibanez guitars seems rougher than other ones especially around the base of the neck,this may be due to cheap polish. Also, my guitar seems to accumulate an uncanny amount of dirt and filth on and around the frets.

5.Materials: My Ibanez is made cheaply and quickly. Many of them are. Consequently, the materials used are not the best or even the second best. Theres a lot of plastic and non-wood materials. Ultimately, this makes the overall feel wrong and many parts begin wear down quickly and chip away.However, when peoperly setup it feels very pleasant to play, all that lets it down is the horrendous quality of the electronics. And that is a big, big letdown.

6.Spoiling brand name: The Ibanez guitar that is intended for mass production and targets novice guitar players unsure whether they want to invest in a good instrument are of very bad quality compared to the other options you have for the same amount of money.

When you pick up an Ibanez, you usually know what to expect, a guitar built for rock and metal music (though usually capable of plenty more) and with the power and feel to suit. On many other lower end guitars, Ibanez have delivered this. On the GRG, they have not. I love little about it, thanks to the sound it produces due to the shoddy pickups, it's very unstable tuning despite the locking tremolo system I really do not enjoy playing this guitar. Final thoughts about this particular GRG? Buy something else. I have honestly given this guitar more than it's fair chance.

This is what I feel, agree or disagree, it doesn't affect me but due to so many beginners asking whether to buy an Ibanez, this is what i feel.

Ofcourse the higher end guitars like the Iceman, Jem, MTM an RG 320+ are really great guitars, the majority due to cheap construction standards and price restraints are not.

Dont hate me fer this guys, I can express my thoughts cant I ??? :)

Ibanez is a legendary company and their guitars are used buy gods like Vai and Malmsteen and modern day metal idols such as Slipknot, System of a Down, Korn, etc. They are good dont get me wrong in this but their quality is constantly degrading and i think you should look for better options for lower end guitars. LTD, Fender, Yamaha, Krammer and Aria are preferably better options for newcommers.

2. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

so? ..................

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Haha, so you finally put it firmly what ppl like me, ronnieanand etc have felt and been saying about lowest end Ibanez.

Good.

4. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

very well said.. low end ibanez guitars do suck .. but the higher end series completly owns.. the prestige wizard neck is the best neck ive played on...

5. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

so..................................................

6. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

Yeah, i've been saying this all along. Since the day my RG350DX ****ed me in the ass. But then when Ibanez replaced my guitar, i was completely changed. But im sick and tired of the fags on orkut (not naming Demonstealer)...they go around whoring those crappy LTD 50 series....

an M50 for 18k.. thats ****ing ridiculous, the RG321 can kill it even without strings!!!

Very well put varun. We think alike!...although i hate jackson low ends as well. All the shit that's being made in India specially.

7. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

yeah !! the indian made suck...but the Japaneses ones an US ones are out of this world man !!!!!!!!!

8. Shreddy

Yeah. Japanese made guitars are out of this world!

9. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Well, to anyone on this forum that is new, this is good stuff. For others, this is just 'exactly' thing.

And that quote, is from another thread. Please do not try to misinterpret stuff. Its relevant in its own context.

10. Shreddy

quote-owned.......

11. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

i bet laney/alexi_laiho had an orgasm when he read that

12. Shreddy

Nah, i just look at my guitar for an orgasm...

13. guitarist_bd

guitarist_bd New Member

is the Ibanez RG270 (made in japan) not good? im confused .im gonna buy that

14. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

well if its your 1st or 2nd guitar and your a beginner a Japanese made is good, thats where the original factory is, standards are good, I HOPE SO !!!

15. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

ya the japanese guitars own ... go buy it.. u wont regret it later..

16. Shreddy

RG270....haven't heard of that!.. And yeah i guess it will be alright coming from Japan. They have very tight quality control

17. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

love it or hate..some of the greatest guitarists in the world use ibanez ...joe satriani..steve vai ..paul gilbert ..etc.. n the rg270 is like the rg370 only major difference being the pickups..they come with powersounds rather than infinities.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Correction: Some of the greatest marketed guitarists.

There are far more gifted guitar players in jazz world, who get not even 1% of recognition of what the so called gresatest guitarists get.

Check out what they play.
    Not an Ibanez, no no, not unless a sponsor can pay for them.

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Lets take an example:
    A certain Mr Tony MacAlpine plays under Mr Steve Vai's name in G3.
    Ppl automatically assume that Steve Vai is more "great" than Tony.

Little do ppl know that Tony plays keyboards as well as guitars.
    Oh and he was a progressive shredder in 80s. I htink he plays independantly even today.

PS: Oh, Steve Vai plays Ibanez, and Tony plays Carvin.
    Hahaha :RollLol:

20. derick-shredman

derick-shredman New Member

totally agree dude... tony macalpine is soo underated, hes one of my fav guitarists, hes in no way inferior to vai
    i recommend people to check out his album 'maximum security'