really need help wid cell phones

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by beginner_lavina, Sep 5, 2004.

?

which phone shud i go 4?

Poll closed Sep 7, 2004.
  1. therez no bug in nokia 6600 theyre only rumours

33.3%
  2. go 4 nokia 7200

11.1%
  3. go 4 engage

11.1%
  4. go 4 sony ericcson p900

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. go 4 sony ericcson k700i

11.1%
  6. dunt keep a phone theres a big risk of losin em

11.1%
  7. go 4 nokia 6230

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. go 4 nokia 7700, its a media playa

22.2%
  9. sry have no idea

11.1%
  10. otha

11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MARS

MARS Mars Ji...Finally!!!!!

too good...

LOL...
    :p

2. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i think it is quite possible in near future , u will see many more relationships coming up on igt ,...

neo - you and igt have a long way to go dude ,....

sorry lavu, dun know much abt the recent phones avaliable ,...

3. im 13 :p and skaw is 16... skaw and atia r wayyyyyyyy betta than my bro n sis

4. bob-bobby

wow what a webly love you guys have among .,,,....

5. alex

alex New Member

hahaha ..................... u r rite bob , change the name of the thread to ----- kaun banega mera bhai , meri behan , heeeeeeeeeeeee

6. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Stay on topic.

7. alex

alex New Member

as u say leo - sorry ! therez no bug in nokia 6600 theyre only rumours - u get my vote there

8. skaw

skaw snooze

sorry for replyin so late... so much happened .. but i jus came back from skol and registration .. well rELATIONSHIPZ .. aint tht so kool i got a lil sis and a dumbo old sis... who i m nevr goin to let live in peace :p... anyways .. back to topic as monsier neo said ...

7700 is more for a business man ... and i think 6600 is jus perfect for u , and did u noe tht it was made for u .. and the were goin to carve in "lavi" on the face plates but then they forgot ??
    well lavi stay with 6600 .. n if it doesnt works smack it on the ground n it will run faster than u :)

9. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

ok cell phones do cause brain cancers..but on an average of 1-2 hrs usage for a continuous period of about 10 yrs....at that rate am gonna get it soon...btw...seeing that nobody is actually talkin about cell phones. :) i decided ill start.....
    most sony ericssons have bad battery life...so chuck em...N-Gage is good..N-Gage QD is better..but doesnt have a camera...but does have an MP3 player and an amazing game deck....6230....just too much shit......coz the screen is too small to be of any use to watch videos or pics.....so the best choice is 7700 coz aparently u can actually watch movies on that (?).... and looks damn hot.plus i think it has a pretty impressive color display...its almos as good as a PDA

10. skaw

skaw snooze

very true doc... 6230 sux for its windown size n 7700 is really kool and is almost as gud as PDA .. BUT... she is 13 ... she doesnt needs a PDA ... 7700 is too big for her to carry arun ... it mite get stolen but 6600 has a gud screen size ... has a gud display n colorz and has a less chance of being published in public... :p c my point?

11. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

shes 13?..........why u carryin a cell lavu......???????? ur too young too expose that grey matter to radiation.....dont...do it... :shock:

12. skaw

skaw snooze

well .. ye she is ... ( i m preti sure) .. and well she wants 1 ... and she wishes to have 1 .. and none of us shuld tell us not to buy it and go against her wishes... i think she has her parents for tht ... n if they agree then i gota agree with them too .. they'd noe btr .. old than me ofcourse and do have more experience with kids than me ... well ye whtevrz .. go for 6600 my dear!

13. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

7610 wud be a better choice........or 3660

14. skaw

skaw snooze

yup not bad either but i think she has already bought 6600 ... and i find 7610 a lil hard to dail arun .. not face enuf .. my fingers wuld have to adjust on it .. well... i guess 7610, 3660 and 6600 r fine ...

15. bob-bobby

end of the day , nokia rulezzz :)

16. sry

sry dint have time 2 read all this... have a look

Do cell phones cause brain cancer?

A: Nope. Judging by the number of people yakking it up on their mobile phones these days, most of us aren't that worried -- nor should we be. "There are no known health effects associated with cell phone use," says Joshua Muscat, Ph.D., senior epidemiologist at the Institute for Cancer Prevention in Valhalla, New York, and principal investigator of a study on cell phones and brain cancer published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA). "In theory, cell phone use should not cause brain or any other cancer, because the amount of radiation emitted from the phone is too low to cause genetic damage," he adds. "There is little reason to feel they're unsafe."

So just how did this fear arise? The belief that cell phones may cause brain tumors originated from an unsuccessful lawsuit in the 1990s, in which a cancer sufferer claimed that cell phone use had caused his illness, according to Alfred Neugut, M.D., head of cancer prevention and control at the Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center at Columbia University, and an author of the study published in JAMA. "Since that time, there have been multiple studies, but as of yet no link has been made," he says. "As a caveat, cell phones have not been in use for decades, so I don't think anyone can rule out whether 40 years of use may cause cancer in someone when they're truly old." While both experts note that children have thinner skulls and so would theoretically be more susceptible to cell phone radiation, there is no scientific evidence on that front, either.

You can also rest assured that new-and-improved cell phone technology is a boon for health as well as your personal style: "New, smaller phones should be safer in general, since the power output [and therefore the radiation emitted] is lower," says Dr. Muscat. Plus, with extra towers going up everywhere, cell phones can use even less power. Finally, you can always reduce exposure by simply switching to a headset and earpiece. Talk on!

17. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

yup totally man nokia rocks..they r so easy to operate....love symbian tho....
    @ lavu..still i wudnt take my chances...coz what i quoted about the cell phones and the 10yr thing was from a recent(as in a month or two) old article from the TOI
    and if am not wrong a month back TOI had a an article on the front page about mobiles causing sterility...so am thinking if radiowaves can make a dude sterile they can go thru bone too...and do the same to ur brain
    @lavu....just donated a bit to u...

18. skaw

skaw snooze

smokez cuz cancer... they do .. its a fact i noe it for sure ... but who had cancer?? not many ... c life is a really really thin thread... alot of things can effect the thread ... sum can jus break the thread sum can make it thinner ... u noe wht i mean .. so u shuld watch out .. b protective .. b carefull .. cuz u only get to live this life once..

19. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

yeaah but live life king seize. . .no use living for 100 years and do nothing not have fun. . .. but live only 50 years but live a life of envy. ..!! .. i believe in this. ..live life to the fullest . . .let it be short . .. but let it be memorable. ..

20. bob-bobby

yeah sure live life king size , use more and more mobile phones ;) staying with the topic ,...