Real education

Discussion in 'Poetry and Lyrics Forum' started by soundarya97, Jul 23, 2011.

1. soundarya97

soundarya97 New Member

Doctor,Engineer, Designer
    thought i would be one of them.but little did i know that the world would be so skeptic
    little did i know that it would be so hectic.

tension, confusion, frustration
    are the common words we use.
    we have to study to keep pace with the world,
    in this cut- throat era, we have to merge.

'civilizing the native','educating the nation'
    'a child's wish to peruse real education.'

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

The society is confused about difference between education and training.
    You can train monkeys to complete a job - but you cannot educate them.

So what everyone is getting (right from the birth) is TRAINING. Not education.
    Doctors, engineers, designers, lawyers - all are professions. And you need training to become one.
    Not education.

In any case - why do you feel that
    "we have to study to keep pace with the world,
    in this cut- throat era, we have to merge"

Who has imposed this on you?
    You on your own.
    Perhaps because of your training.
    If you were really educated - you would've realized that there are things more important to you than the rat race.

(again sorry about the poetry angle, I am not too well versed with poetry and its nuances)

3. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

3 idiots ?

I guess the society - read parents and relatives impose it on us. How many of us have real chance and support to do what we really look forward for in life ?

I'd love to be a racer / traveler / singer, not necessarily in the same order ... but my family would insist on taking up a 'secured' job ...

I hope I'm not the same with my kids around :), we have to be the 'change' we wish to see in the society.

4. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

id jus like to say one thing bout dis post...y do u try to FIT IN wen u wer born to STAND OUT...?

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ perhaps I may answer that.
    Most human being by birth have brain wiring that makes them huddle together in a herd.
    Just like cattle, sheep, wildebeest etc.

It gives them security.

The remaining who don't have this wiring are trained by the society (=social norms, culture, tradition etc) to become the "follow-the-herd" kind.

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I am myself the victim... When i was a kid i never thought anything else but to become an engineer.. just because everyone else was.. i made it into one of the premier technology institutes as well.. but then i realized i don't bloody fit in here...It applies to my current job as well.. but to an extent its all my fault....I was ignorant.. I was lazy.. I should have known better.. !!
    but things are changing now.. Parents have become more understanding and kids these days are gettin more exposure....

7. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

@ alpha1...yea bt der is smthin known as * change * ..
    v dun always hav to do wat v r taught...

i am not talkin bout soceity or norms or wateva..im tokin bout d individual brain of the person..i kno all dis influences d brain bt still ..

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

There is a counter argument to that also.
    1. Not everyone is equally capable in brains department.
    2. If everyone starts thinking that their "thinking" is the way to proceed - soon we'll have chaos because of point no.1
    3. This chaos will harm the overall human race, than anything else (especially those who are covered under Point1).

9. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

ohk..
    what r u tryina say!?!?!
    v shud all huddle up in a grup..wher d majority of us dun even belong?
    or show our individuality nd brains while v r suffocatin in a grup?

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

A majority of us belong to the group.
    And that's how we ensure our survival.
    That's how/why the herd works.

Ppl who don't belong, know it, and they do something different.
    And still manage to survive.

Its a delicate balance - however, if someone was to issue a blanket statement - "stay in the herd" is much safer overall.
    This is the basis of all societies and religions.
    Again, as I said above - those who really know their mettle, or are willing to take risks will not stay in herd, in spite of the blanket directive by the society.

But if the society issues a blanket statement of "don't stay in the herd" - ppl who are not really "able" - they will suffer.

11. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

arreee..!!! what i am trying to say is that...we should not always end up huddling in a group...everyone is someone unique..! now don't take that in extremes...just think about it lightly...and.
    .umm on a personal note...its not really wrong to actually agree with someone on something ..sometimes..

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Why should I agree with something that I don't really agree with?
    Perhaps because such gesture would be reciprocated.
    ?

Then whats the point of a discussion or a debate, if everyone just agrees without switching on their brains?

In fact this has what has lead to the current scenario about eduction that you lament about ...