Rap Music vs Rock Music - The lengthy debate, yet again!

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by smoking guitar, Sep 10, 2005.

1. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

might be ...

the real nigga

2. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

dunno....actually da 3/4 of crap joke is a vey ol' one....heard it smtime in 1st year....

3. guns_n_gore

guns_n_gore hell raiser

yo homis my time is now rappers

****u cause its my time rockers

4. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Im not going to comment much since just yesterday i was in the school's band room playing bass and these two guys came in. One guy got on drums and the other guy went up to the mic and started freestyling. I was pretty impressed, not lyricwise but just like how it went down with the beat and everything.

I guess what's really annoying about alot of rap is that, you keep seeing the same themes in alot of songs (especially the more popularized songs...MTV GRRR!!!). For example, who else gets sick of hearing about how much money someone has, or what kind of clothes/shoes the guy has or how thick the asses of his girls are...it makes it seem as if almost all the songs are the same. The only rap i listen to is Immortal Technique, that guy just avoids all that cliched, shallow bull**** and his themes are mainly political.

Another thing that's annoying is EMO music! Dont forget the people who listen to that **** and are easily influenced by it too.You suck? You're a loner? You want to kill yourself? You push people away? No one understands you? You're never happy? my my my you DO suck please do kill yourself while you cry to your favorite linkin park song thinking that you can actually relate to those quite mediocre and emotionally shallow lyrics.

cYpHeR likes this.
  5. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

I beg to differ with sss......rednecks play country music....which just sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

ok ...
    but a few white supermists KKK types like metal music ...

7. Angellica

Angellica New Member

I like old school hip hop. The Run DMC and Aerosmith collab was pretty cool too.
    GnR's Garden of Eden is like some kind of rap. Ultra fast rap I guess.

8. someshwar

someshwar New Member

Kanyakumari tour

i too like rap.it will be in fast beat and so all like it.And the rap can be done in our local languages.but the rock song which is also fast will be only in english.

--------------------------

9. Tissue_Paper

Tissue_Paper New Member

Check out this song by KoRn:It's all in the family..it's about a debate between rappers n rockers..find it really cool..

10. victoria stiles

victoria stiles New Member

The term rock music is an extremely popular genre of music which has its roots, deeply embedded in rock and roll, country music and blues.