Rank the guitar company

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by zohaib, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

the KH series is such a rip off in my opinion. I love the LTD M-1000 and some of the Japanese ESP models.

2. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Yes Friend was telling me that the Japnese ESP's are great hopefully I sould go to Singapore in the next few weeks Im planning to buy a Jackson or may be even ESP I will play a few so I will able to tell the difference .. But I just love Jackosn Necks .. May be Im just too bias about Fender Corporation ;)

3. Mr. Scary

lol, i get ya.

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Steve Vai is originally a Fender guy. Check out his era with Frank Zappa.

5. Mr. Scary

lol yeah, it was his love for fender that led to the creation of his current JEM models. It was meant to be Ibanez's 24 fret super strat.

6. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

he does use his jem series nowadayas....

7. Mr. Scary

ah yes....you're correct!

8. deathdr_87

i dont know who was saying ibanez guitars are crap - i disagree and promise that i will argue till your hair falls off..... i think theyre awesome - i love my rg series guitar - even thoguh its korean made

9. Mr. Scary

that would be me, yours trully :D. Everyone's got their own opinions.

10. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@death...i aint saying rg series suck however, i have seen reviews of rg series...its not dat rg owners are unhappy but they are saying dat rg wont come dat good in "clean" tone...though honestly u wont ask for more for a good guitar coming in dat price.

wat do u think of jackson rhoads of JS series....cost arnd 16 or 17k ...among the low end guitars? i think even rg comes in dat price. dat jockson doesnt has tremolo system though.

11. deathdr_87

jacksons are class guitars- theyre normally a little pricey though.... if ur getting a rhoads for 15 - its a good deal - just post a link to some store selling thw guitar here pls....

12. Gretsch

Gretsch New Member

Ah Zohaib, you never cease to amaze me.

It's been a few months since I have come on here, and what's the first thing I see, Another one of you stupid comparisons (please see what I said to you about the last comparison I saw you post up; Link - https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=3992).

Genius, did you realise that a few of those companies have a completely different sound to each other? This pretty much makes your comparison useless (eg if I was a metal player Fender would not really be on my list). Also, ever thought of factoring in hollow body elecric guitars? How the hell can you possible campare a Gibson EM335 with anything by BC Rich.

Also, if this was to be a fair comparison, where the hell are Gretsch, Rickenbaker and Ephphone??? Also, even though I am not a fan of them myself, where is ESP

For the love of God man, THINK BEFORE YOU POST.

By the way, were you born with this level of stupidity, or did you take lessons?

13. deathdr_87

this is no place for such bull**** - this is an open forum and he can do wat the **** he wants to.... this is a popular thread as it poses nice comparisions between makers of guitars.... if u dont like it - dont post here.

@zohaib: isnt the jackson rhoads sig the rr and not the js?

14. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

Gretsch
    u got the answer now keep ur *** shut

15. shak

shak Harrr!

you make no sense to me...seems to me like you have a grudge against the poll starter and you are jumpin on the opurtunity to take him down .... if you dont find your favourite guitar company in the options then you can politely mention those names in your post and ask people about thier opinion .. ... tell us what do you like and what would have liked to see in the poll options?

16. ironmaiden513

ironmaiden513 New Member

good list but you forgot ESP. some ppl say they suck but i think theyre pretty good guitars

17. shak

shak Harrr!

^^ yeah esp's are good but very rock/metal/heavy oriented ... pardon me if i am wrong but they are not meant for blues/funk/jazz etc....so it makes them a bit constricted

18. deathdr_87

ttoally - but i agree - theyre awesome - they manage to get that heavy tone which i dont think any other guitar manages to get quite right - its a perfect guitar - looks, tone feel, etc.. wise for metal - i would probbably place it on my list - quite high too - to think of it - most guitars suit a particular style really well - its not like u cant do nething but play that styler - but i jsut think with look and feel wise - the following guitars play that type of music best:

1. Fender - warm blues
    2. Gibson (LPS) - rich and thick punk rock
    3. Gibson - (others) - seem to have again a rich and thick tone - suited very well for little lighter blues
    4. ESP - METAL ALL THE WAY!!!!
    5. Ibanez - hard rock/ some metal - very good for the solo guitarist type

this is just how i feel - im sure that theyre all well suited for toher styles or maybe even better suited for some other style - but its just wat i feel about these guitars - i have not looked at several other giuotar manufacturers like bc rich washburn, etc... - im sure theyre also suited - let me know about which style of music each guitar is bset suited for according to u

19. Mr. Scary

ESP FOREVER!!! *UPDATE* I managed to send the dinky back...im getting the eSP!!! YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

20. shak

shak Harrr!

^^^^coooooooooooool SCARY!!!! .... getting the dimarzios as well????