Rang de Basanti..

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Varshita, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Varshita

Varshita New Member

When i came out of the theatre i just knew i had to write this....

My first reaction...It was definately much better than Mangal Pandey !!

I dont think there is any similarity between Rang de and DCH as i read somewhere, apart from the fact that its about friends and the happy n gloomy bit... pre and post intermission. While DCh had more urban look.. Rang de is more of a feel of delhi... the collge feel throughout.. though its a seperate issue that they have made Indian Habitat Centre into the Delhi University campus....:RollLol:

U will always come across a haryanvi jat - sukhi, a hard core punju turned hep.... Daljeet urf Dj, a subtle muslim - aslam, a rich not flambouyant but silent.... karan, a tomboyish... yet girly - sonia
    Look around... you will find many of these characters in your own friend circle.... atleast in Delhi you will !!

The dialogues definately won accolades...Movie has all the ingredients for a hit

it has humour ...." tu ni sudharna... aye dudh dena band kar degi"... kiron kher reffering to the cow...being tortured by amir khan by his dialogues...lol

fun ...." sue kar mere mann ko kiya tune kya isara"

reality ...." college ke gate ke is paar hum duniya ko nachate hai aur us paar duniya hume... tum lak lak tum tum lak lak" amir to sue

" sabka the end hota hai.. bas the end ka style different hota hai"

And ofcourse ...Profanity which has been used in a subdued yet open way....from the start of the movie with " teri ma ki ankh" and goes on with the subtle use of " behn di takki" every now and then.

My fav character definately was sukhi.. the haryanvi jat...
    "aslam ki gali... khali balli khalli balli khalli balli, hum to hai talli talli, na bhula mein apne yaar ki galli... lamba mera yaar choti uski galli"

And the one that really moved me was Karan... i guess its been played by sidharth... with a lot of ease... n attitude i must say !! (loved him in the movie !!)

Fav scene... Madhavan's cremation !!

Music rocked !! That is how i can just try to describe it...I loved it when they tried to show a scene from past... Amir as a freedom fighter running away from police.. on a bike and the background score was quite contemprory !!
    It was this mix n match of old new... dat kepes u glued to the movie till the end !!

All in all ...awesome movie...sound track is amazing and the picturisation is fantastic.

A sure must watch !!

2. write2madhur

write2madhur dowdiegeekgizmofreak

well i have to go to INdian republic day celebration after that i will surely watch it thanks anyways
    nice review
    PS do u have rubaru

3. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

hmm....it was a good moive with a very good start. I seriously loved the first half of the movie. Second half was too filmy and unnatural...esp the lathi charge...morcha defence minister crap and all.....but yes technically one of the best in recent times....no straight in the face "peachy" patriotism shown as in Swades
    all characters had an equal contribution the spotlight didnt focus just on Amir Khan's character....and tht is very important

4. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

that movie was damn awesome!!!!
    i dont know why i dident cry....
    whenever i see patriotic movies....i end up crying....
    i cryied in mangal pandey(yes....mangal pandey)......swades......bhagat singh....
    i even cry in "non patriotic senti films"....i cried in veer zara:cry1:
    par salla isme roona hi nahin aaya.....although the movie moved me......
    the best scene was when he realizes that the girl knew hindi......
    mazze aa gaye.....
    the songs are damn awesome
    i also liked the movie for another reason-
    for the first time......i went on a girls b'day party....:grin:

5. uj_6string

by the way guys.....what does..."behen ki takki" mean????
    i do not know.....:confused:

6. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

man u cry watchin films:shock: :RollLol:

7. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

I have heard that end is not that good and also Aamir can't even show punjabi touch in his voice.

8. uj_6string

so?????:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

9. uj_6string

man...people keep saying and criticizing....
    there have been a lot of movies that dident do well in the box office....but i personally liked them.....

10. Atom_bomb

Atom_bomb Banned

* thinking why the thread creator is doing free publicity for the movie *

11. uj_6string

*thinking why you think so much:confused:*

12. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

ok cry uj_6.ur time has come:p:

Varshita likes this.
  13. uj_6string

ok slash....now i shall tell you the truth.
    i had gone to a girls b'day party and she was sitting right beside me....
    do u think i'll cry???:grin:

14. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

as always u will.:p:i'm tellin u bro seriuosly contact Ekta Kapoor.

15. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

how old r u?

16. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

he's 14:shock:and is always waiting to cry,and i'm always waitin to jack him.:p:funny dude.

17. write2madhur

write2madhur dowdiegeekgizmofreak

finally i saw the movie today some sequences were hillarious. esp the bhen di takki. hey anyone pls tell me what takki means. i have a friend tuckey i will surely tell him that

18. uj_6string

cryptic...i am 14, now tell me, do u think i am too young to go on grlz party or did i start off too late???
    i am confused...:confused:

Varshita likes this.
  19. uj_6string

no dude...i swear...i did NOT CRY....meri ezzat ka falooda ban jaata....

20. jim4u18

jim4u18 New Member

k this thread started of with rang de basanti not bout the guy well i liked this movie a lot shuld get a natonal award for sure n the way it was directed too gud i mean the scene where they dicide to kill defence minister syncronisin it with the bhagat singh dialogs was so creative n movie is really too gud awesome a must watch movie if u dont like it then u r an ass cant help it