Rana Hassan - the "Fastest Guitarist"

Discussion in 'Pakistani Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by aeg0, Mar 10, 2006.

1. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Is that pure ignorance or horribly shrouded sarcasm? I'm guessing the first. And i saw the video, and what's the purpose of playing so fast? Without any melody whatsoever? I'd anyday listen to some Clapton or Johnson than Michael angelo batio. The clip sucked by the way.

2. mr singh

mr singh New Member

hey disturbed... r u tryin 2 b sarcastic now???
    to b honest it was a kinda crappy clip... it sounds horrible

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^No sarcasm, 100% honest, the clip was horrible.

4. mr singh

mr singh New Member

^ i think most people would agree on that... but i wont go on 2 advocate for most people, as that can lead 2 stupid arguments arising
    i bet the guy prob cant even play like a three octave g scale or sumthing similar along those lines... wht the hell was he actually playin in the vid... cud sum1 tab it out 4 me ;)

5. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

actually it was a sad attempt at sarcasm. i edited the post many times. it still didnt work. :(

i must have been really sleepy. i hope u get the point at least.

DISCLAIMER - i just posted this link coz i thought ppl would be interested. i dont agree with the claims nor do i think the video/guitaring is amazing. easy on the bashing ;)

6. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

What do you mean, "can't"? Jimmy has been dead for over decades. And he was never a very fast guitarist. Fastest guitarist in the world, most people agree, is Michaelangelo Batio. And this Rana Hassan guy certainly is not faster than him.

7. ahm3d_nad33m

ahm3d_nad33m New Member

just saw the vdo....... that was not 22 notes......... didnt sound like........

8. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

oi...nobody told me whether the 46 nps thing is trur or not???
    and i say it again....22 notes in whatever milliseconds...puhhh..that is impossible......

9. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

like 22 notes in 50 milli sec impossible ..........above imagination :>

10. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

actually the 44 nps is just a run in a song done my yngwie malsteem and so is the 36 nps by joe satriani..dont remember the song ...cant remember the tune either ..oh.hell..cant differentiate one malsteem song to another for that matter !that itself is a huge thing !

regardin rana ..come on guys.dont go hard on him ..maybe he didnt hit the 22 in 50 millsecs but you got to give credit to the guy for tryin ..i dont think any body in the world can do that ..not even michael angelo batio ...or maybe he can if he plays with both the hands at the same time on his dual neck guitar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i think only he has remotely a chance to do this !!

11. Evo Guy 911

Evo Guy 911 Banned

Hi. Guyz i Know this guy personally, and have seen him play live on concert, unplugged, and have had jamming sessions with him too. Well hez a very strange kinda guitarist in my opinion. He doesnt know much of music theory. Im not joking. Me & my friend were trying to figure out the names for chords Mekaal Hasan played in Sajan, and he was sitting there with that dumb look on his face. I'll bet he didnt get a word of it. He doesnt use chords in his play either. Just lead play. Hez using a custom made 7 string guitar, and he IS very fast indeed. I dont know if it was 22 notes in 50 milisecs, but it was definitely close. I've seen him & Faraz Anwar both in the same concert, and Hasan definitely had the edge. Even Faraz said it. And who said fastest & Jimmy together???? I'd say best & Jimmy sounds more appropriate.

As for the Michealangelo, i agree he is the fastest, but hez not a God-made limit for speed. Therez a lot of talent in the world who never made it to the limelight.

And Guinness? He is already on his way. They have checked him, and they want him to play something in accordance with the thoery (scales & stuff) at that speed. Hez currently working on it, and possibly he'll hit a spot in 2007 edition!

And yes music is all about harmony. But there was never a lot of harmony in shredding, was there?

12. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Shredding seems kind of useless to me.

13. Lahori_rocker

Lahori_rocker Guitar God left IGT

yaar mekaal hasan is the fastest guitarist of pak

14. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

...may be i hv't Heard Mekaal's guitaring...but i think the fastest and best guitarist is Faraz anwar...
    but i dont like the vocals of Faraz anwar..but his guitaring is Really good
    tc:beer:

15. tipu

tipu New Member

well well well..speed is a mechanical process.....i can bet ne one ov u can be da fastest guitarist in pakistan...the thing is feel......if u play wid feel to hell wid sped...nd if u r palyin wid feel u don even look at ur fret board nd don noe which notes u r playin............
    speed is not da way to judge the ability ov guitarist ...

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Oh, come ON!!!
    You gore obsessed human right activist!

17. Evo Guy 911

Evo Guy 911 Banned

:RollLol: :RollLol: Thats the funniest thing I have ever heard! Dude u need to get ur facts right.

18. tipu

tipu New Member

hahhahahha..
    meekaal ...

well ......U ppl r sik..bas tv per daikh lia jo baja raha hay acha ahy ..lolll..
    kabhy zeejah ko sunoo pata chalay ga ..

19. Evo Guy 911

Evo Guy 911 Banned

WHO?????? Zeejah? Never heard of that name. Sorry. Some performance audios or videos are welcome.

20. shak

shak Harrr!

^ only from legal sites ... for illegal ones .. use PM