Raised guitar bridge..need help

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sourabhforu, Jan 20, 2010.

1. sourabhforu

sourabhforu New Member

Hi,
    I am a newbie guitar player and I bought an Ariana acoustic guitar 6 months back.Lately. i noticed that the guitar's bridge has risen at an angle (it makes an angle of about 10 degrees with the base of the guitar). I went to the shop (Bharat Music house) and they are asking for a repair fee of Rs. 400 (inspite of the warranty). I no longer trust them and want to know from where can I get it fixed at a reasonable price. And what would be the reasonable price?. Also does a raised bridge has an adverse impact on my guitar playing experience?.. Thanks in advance!!

2. metal_fan69

metal_fan69 To Live Is To Die

Rs.400!.... lol

google it and u'll find many ways to do it yourself (and free)

3. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Bharat sucks serious ass man... One of the worst shops I've ever gone to, I wouldn't shop there if you paid me.

4. Jimmy_Rage

Jimmy_Rage New Member

You can try out Onstage Music or Furtado's at Lajpat Nagar... They'll do it for a lot less, since it's a pretty minor fix.

- Jimmy Rage

5. sourabhforu

sourabhforu New Member

Made some progress..need more help

Hi,
    I was able to remove the bridge from the guitar. However, in the process, I think I damaged some of it. I have attached the images of the guitar and I have highlighted the damage with black rings. Kindly have a look and tell me if the guitar is damaged now.
    Also please tell me how to proceed further in repairing it.
    Thanks in advance..

Attached Files: