Rain in mumbai...

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by ambuj, Jul 26, 2005.

1. ambuj

ambuj Pro Tabber

man.. its been raining here straight since morning... the area around my place is completely flooded... water atleast 3 feet deep... it was fun at first with all the flood but now its getting a bit serious... my friend hasn't returned from college till now.. i guess he must still be at his college but there's no way to cantact him... i hope it dosen't get any worse

2. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

sad .. hey man can u tell me what a metronome is .

3. guitarangela

guitarangela gran'ma

it's flooding over there, here i am looking for a good rain for months. it's kinda fun to play in rain. oh god, i miss India so much.

4. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

BUT no rain in delhi :(

5. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

well luckily on malabar hill its all good coz the water flows down - but then again -i cant go out coz napean sea road is flooded.... god its still raining...!!!!

6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

huh ...
    it is bombay ... it has to rain ... so whats new ...
    have the locals stopped ? (i remember everytime in monsoon that happens)

now if something like this happens up in the north ... well that would be some nooze ...

hey dlogic ... just cuss the "rain gods" ... and when they get "pissed off" at you ... it shall rain :)

7. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

yeah i heard about it , the rains have hampered the daily activitied of mumbai , i even heard that they ve declared a holiday today - gosh the thing was tereble as many reached home this morning after trekin down from their work place !!!

8. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

it rained in delhi also but for 10 mins at my place !

9. ambuj

ambuj Pro Tabber

yeah... it was bad... my dad finally reached home today after 19 hours on the road... he left the car at khar and had to walk all the way from khar to andheri.. luckily he got a rickshaw after that

10. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

damn!! some struggle threre

11. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

man the rains so far have been pathetic...i ws comin bk frm home yest nd gt stuck in traffick....had to walk almost 15-20 kms to home in chest high water....whole mum is affected baaadly....net is dwn...phones r dwn....mobile phones r also dwn.....more details soon....am in a cyber cafe rt now....

12. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

13. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

14. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

@cypher.......what does ur sig mean??(sorry for off topic)

15. nadish

nadish Active Member

Ya today I saw that News on GEO T.v. I felt really sad!!!!! Well that was the 1st rain of this Mon Soon.... Wondering that every thing'll be fine very soon.....

16. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

yeah my parents flight got delayed...all flights are cancelled.....

a metronome has nothing to do with a flood....its a device that makes a periodic beat.....used for timing what you're playing.....can't think of a better way of explaining it

17. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

i saw a pic in TOI one car over the other

18. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

the saddest sotry i heard was that in andheri a wall collapsed killnig 7 children under it... really feels bad..

19. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

Man ...i didn't get out of the house at all....but it was terrible...no electricity, no phones...!!

20. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

yeah i know , i got a sms after 2 days today saying that no electricity , land phones out of order - mobiles working at a very bleak signal and when she opened her car door this morning water splashed out of the car :shock:

according to sources , this rain of bombay has broken 100 yrs record , it was really sad for many who were stuck at road for hours together , gosh i really feel very sorry about those guys ! it was indeed a very pityful incident !!!