Ragging

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by cool_is_rule, Feb 16, 2005.

1. cool_is_rule

cool_is_rule Lead Guitarist

Some of u guys must be from colleges and gone thru ragging..........
    U can share what had happened with u and what u did when it was ur turn to take ragging.......
    Thank god my ragging is over now.............

cOoL iS :rule:

2. atthanii

atthanii Theif Slayer

ragging? hehehehhe...not here bro..if they do..they get their ass kicked....or i'll sue da bastards....

3. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

same here...i never let any of my seniors rag me...and i never tried to rag anyone... i simply ignored them...:) ...they couldn't do sh*t about it...

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Hehe, me, ragged?:) Even seniors keep away from psychos;):p: When i was in the first year, i threw a senior down the stairs cause he said/did something. People kept their distance from then on:)

5. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

disturbed..u joking right?!

6. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Dennis..u must have obviously had some ragging.....wats the tradition at IIT-D?

7. aleric

aleric New Member

Let me tell you guys....Ragging can be real fun or thats what it used to be during my BITS days.

Infact some of the seniors who ragged me, are my best friends.

I personally think ragging is not something which should be banned.

8. we had been ragged by seniors but only for first weeks
    after that now its us who rag the juniors(poor juniors) hahahaha
    ^^most of my seniors r also some of my best friends

9. d_ist_urb_ed

@dennis, i'm not joking dude, seriously, that guy was doing crap before me, and well, he went the way superman did:p:
    @aleric, ragging can get quite ugly also. The number of suicides due to ragging are mounting dude. Ragging cannot be formally banned, so i guess it's upto the students to take an iniative and kick out ragging.

10. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Well...the IITS had pretty serious ragging issues in the early 90s...but thankfully those days are behind us...we at IIT-M only indulge in verbal ragging for the first few days....strictly no physical and financial stuff.....basically 1st to 4th years all stay in the same hostel..imo seperate hostels only makes it worse....so after the initial few days freshies are just one of us...

11. aleric

aleric New Member

@dist, I agree with you dude. It can get ugly. I guess its upto the seniors and juniors. Physical ragging should be kicked out. But having the so called "Intellectual Ragging" shouldn't do any harm.

@nebuchadnezzar, I remember couple of my friends in IIT-M were ragged horribly during their first year. But as you say things might have cooled down.

BTW I have heard that when it comes to ragging, no college can beat "MEDICAL colleges".

12. Chirag

Chirag New Member

Aleric i totally agree with u . Ragging in medical colleges is the worst.

I was never ragged during my first yr of M.B.B.S. whatever i have described below we call that Introduction.

we were 4 of us and the seniors were around 10 in number . they asked us our names . then each one of them asked us to say a NON-VEG joke in front of the girls . (out of thw 10 , 6 were girls) . then we were asked really nasty questions like give some synonyms for pen*s , vag*** etc. then about hot movies , mastur****** ,. we were asked to pretend as if we are the salesmen of a condom company and we have to sell it to customers. etc.etc. the list can go on .

The real RAGGING went on in the hostels . as i was a localite i never stayed in the hostel . in the hostels it was even worse. i cant even explain that .

but now i feel , i happened for the good . all those seniors are very good friends of mine now . and being in such a feild it helped me to talk openly on topics which we dont talk .

I dunno if my post was really bad . mads can please delete it if they find if offensive.

13. d_ist_urb_ed

Verbal ragging is fine dude, like c'mon, that's ok. Having said, even to that there's a limit. I personally know of a girl who was the victim of verbal ragging. She committed suicide, but that's a different story. Physical ragging is the worst, especially in hostels, and yeah, in medical colleges that's like the height. What's going on here? Breeding of a community of sadists who are supposedly being trained to save people's lives later? Pathetic crap...............

14. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

I was in hostel and I faced a lot of ragging when I was a junior. But I support verbal ragging which really helps in making a guy smart and improves the relationship with the seniors.

15. Menon

Menon New Member

Why,how you talk..verbal ragging and physical ragging..As I understand it, ragging should be limited to words, or lack of physical contact to be precise, the moment that is breached, it must cease to be called ragging..
    Gotta run now, will post more later..
    Cheerio
    Menon

16. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Chirag-grow up!!!
    yeah, i was ragged, but it wasnt so bad and I have forgotten some of it. I was asked to buy condoms(donno why) and other stuff but it was mostly fun.
    I do remember once i was told to cuss a fan till it stopped working....so I started cussing and cussing. After 1 min suddenly the fan starts slowing down and comes to a complete stop. The seniors were dumbstruck . Later we realised that the electricity had gone.

17. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

I mean Ragging shouldn't cause physical harassment.

18. cool_is_rule

cool_is_rule Lead Guitarist

@atthanii & light of erindi – That s good , it shud be like that only but a lil bit of ragging shud be there . This is necessary and we get to learn many things from that.

@disturbed – I also thought of doin some thing like that but if we do any thing like that , they will beat us in a group at their place by calling us there………

@aleric – Ur one thin is rite that the seniors who rag become our best frnds later.

@theguitaristofm – Wht all u do during ragging of ur juniors……..

@chirag – in which medical college u r studying ??? I m doin BDS from HIMACHAL.
    We were also ragged badly . I ll tell later .

@sanjay – Verbal ragging is ok. Did u face any physical ragging?

cOoL iS :rule:

19. d_ist_urb_ed

@cool_is_rule, dude, i have back-up here. Plenty of it, so no real worry of me getting screwed. The seniors are the ones who need to look out;)

20. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

the concept of ragging is so ****ed up. i dont know why some people feel nostalgic about it and even support it. i dont care if it is physical or verbal.. hardcore or mild.. the whole concept.. the thought that i can take advantage of a newbie cause i am more powerful is disgusting and sickening.