Rack setup - Calling ronnieanand

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by nitinzep, Dec 14, 2005.

1. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

dude we all know you and hindirox are one and the same!!!!!

Alter id!!!!!

2. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

HOW dUMb?? Why would i post as alpha1.. all the mods and admins know about it.. If you want proof add me to your yahoo messenger.. I'l lshow you who is alpha1...

3. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Paisa kaun dega bhai?
    If everybody could afford this obviously they would buy it, but the price differential between this setup and a low-end rack/GT8 type setup is not even funny, so why recommend it?
    I think I will start this too....whenever anyone asks for a processor recommendation, I will immediately (and very helpfully) suggest:
    Diezel Herbert
    ENGL Powerball
    Dumble
    Eventide H8000
    TC G Force
    Dunlop Rack Wah
    Skrydstrup MIDI Board
    I'm sure everyone will use this instead of a GT 8.

4. chintan9

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

5. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ abhijith.. Nitin i guess wants a rack.. So he should look into all that..

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

hmmm,
    quite similar to: dude we all know chintan9 is another name for MORON!!!!!

now stop spamming and going off topic.

The thing was about racks (and processors and stopm boxes etc) and not calling each other names.

7. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Thanks alpha 1.. He should have believed me in the first place...

8. chintan9

Weak attempt at being funny!!!!

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Sorry mate i am not a jester who makes ppl laugh by being funny.
    Neither is this a forum for jokes (lame or otherwise) or personal attacks.

10. chintan9

Oh ok so you make people laugh by being dumb. Got it!!!

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Please curtail your asinine behaviour. (just have a look at the content of your posts in the last two pages of this thread)

No one is getting entertained by all this.

@Ronnieanand, if possible then answer my question regarding the low end racks and high end processors.

(Beta Chintu, u can also try answering it)

12. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ Chintan Relax Bro..

@ alpha 1 even you..

Lets all just wait for Ronnie Sound Anand to answer..

(BTW alpha1 : Chintu happens to be a nick name for me)

13. nitinzep

nitinzep New Member

I finally got hold of GT2. I am right now using it with a keyboard amp it sounds ABSOLUTELY KILLER on ALL settings. Will be playing on a guiatar amp soon and will let ya know...G-major in 2 weeks...YoMaMa>>

14. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

I ENVY YOU so much..............

15. nitinzep

nitinzep New Member

You aint heard nothin.

12 years ago I was in delhi studying in a school primarily meant for filthy-rich-yuppies and I used hear stuff like..."I hate my dad coz he got me this wierd looking gibson guitar with these light zebra stripes...I had asked him for a black guitar"...all in a filthy-rich-yuppie-wants-to-be-a-dude-and-go-to-a-us-college accent. I only had a givson acoustic. Man, you have no clue what "envy" means

16. nitinzep

nitinzep New Member

I Luv my start and my GT2 so much mmmmmmmmmmm. Rock on

17. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

^^^ God thats always the case.. Tell me you bought all this wil your own money... Cause all mine is mine..

18. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I think it's all wrong people discussing about racks. Soulscape where are you bro ?

Processors and most Clean Racks are all modelling stuffs. It's comparitively simple to model a delay, chorus, flange and things like that. Even entry level things like 505 has them all. But getting them to sound most natural and transparent and analog requires real hi fi algorithms, powerful DSP processors and a lot of things. High End Racks do that and get them sounding pretty close to analog. Rack sounds have totally a different feel. It's great when you want to play things like the smooth Jazz or even Metal.

I dont know what do you mean by low end racks. Rocktron Intelliflex, Alesis Quadraverb costs about $200 but there are a lot of pros using them. They are all clean effects rack. I have played through them and honestly I felt they suck in their effects. Their reverbs are great though. They sounded better than the $400 processor though. But most people using Alesis Quadraverb or Intelliflex use it only for Reverb. They can get separate racks for other clean effects. As far as I have heard nothing beats the Maxon CS9 Pro Chorus. The Chorus effect in these two racks I mentioned sounded like a Joke. Processors sound the same too. Processor v/s racks have their own pros and cons. You cannot carry your rack around and needs a lot of learning curve to use them at ease.

19. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

^^^ How did you decide that the wrong people are discussing racks?? ;)

Anyways what you said about INtelliflex is true.. And to an extent about processors too..

But most of the Effects on Processor are really good.. They are not made so that they suck right? Its just that it has a completely different area of usage...

And considering pro's and cons' the ease of use as you said is there in processors..

Have you tried any of the Dunlop Pedals?? Especially the Dimebag and EVH ones?

20. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I have personally owned a Dunlop's MXR 104 Distortion +. I have played through Dunlop Wah pedals too. Not a fan of Dunlop. My Wah is a Thomas Organ Cry Baby, the pristine Cry Baby before Dunlop bought the company and screwed up the Cry Baby.

Clean Effects on Processors suck. Distortions in Boss are so dry and stale. They are still okay because you get all of them in one convenient package. I am still keeping my AX1500G. It's so much easy if I have jam with somebody and to carry it around. Also much better than my pedals for the bedroom practice because it has 16 second Sampler and also a Metronome.