Raag and Roll - An introduction

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Boltoro, Mar 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boltoro

Boltoro New Member

Hello There,

Greetings to everyone on the IGT forum, as a young Pakistan I feel honoured to contribute something here and hope that the future brings peace and prosperity to South Asia.

I have put up a post on playing raags on guitar on the Roots in Antiquity page on the Naqsh Forum (link below). I have specifically chosen Raag Malkauns owing to its proximity to the minor/major pentatonic scales commonly used in rock and blues music.

I have also put down some links to soundfiles and articles available on the net which would be useful for anyone seriously interested or remotely curious. See if the content catches your fancy (click link below) . Please feel free to ask any questions.

Many thanks and all the best to the IGT forum, I look forward to feedback and to contributing more things in future .

Regards,
    Boltoro

https://naqsh.net/forums/index.php?showforum=3

2. Boltoro

Boltoro New Member

3. Natasia

Natasia ...

awwwwssssommmmeeee work dude..i guess u realllllyyy did research the topic before posting that ....how long have u been learning music for??????reallllyyyyy looking forward to u'r next post on IGT.....
    :beer: :)

4. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Realll Cool

5. shyam

shyam New Member

I'm usually too lazy to log in and all, to post. But this is really fabulous. I don't know if you other guys feel it, but after seeing the articles by bolotoro and the other one he linked to, the greats of indian music, make western music seem so shallow.

6. jayanth

Indian Music is really great..

7. alli

alli The Best Ever

wooaaahhh !!!
    :beer:

8. jayanth

People who will soon listen to my Nem band in Bangalore, will find a hindustani touch in all my guitar solos. ;-) . I find it soothing and satisfying.

9. alli

alli The Best Ever

wats ur band/bands called ??/... in b'lore right ?

and do u play often enuff to let ppl. knowu around as a band or wht ?... coz i got a couple of friends down there..

10. jayanth

Its a fresh new start. I just joined the band. The band have been playing for sometime now. But they didnt have a name. we started composing after i joined.

check out the band group page.
    "https://groups.yahoo.com/group/symptomnow"

Band name is Symptom Now. We play progressive metal. and you're right we are based in Bangalore. As of now we have two shoes coming up. I'll keep the board updated. ;-)

11. shyam

shyam New Member

Progressive Metal ROcks Jayanth. :cool:
    You know what else rocks?
    Progressive Death Metal, you guys go hear this band called Opeth. Supoib. :beer:

12. jayanth

Progressive Rocks basically. Ive heard Opeth . They are great. Our band kind of has a little Carnatic and Hindustani touch in Metal. Sometimes its so unbelievable for us to hear us play.

13. Boltoro

Boltoro New Member

Speaking of rock music, pleased o check out the music of our local heroes in Islamabad, Knumb. A lot of their material is available online at:

www.knumb.com

and also some of the links to other bands also mentioned on the website (Naqsh, MKB , EP , Noori). The music scene in Pakistan has really caught on in the recent past.

Cheers

14. jayanth

There is another website. Something Underground. Can you tell me what it is??

15. alli

alli The Best Ever

i think i've heard naqsh..... nice band if its them i remember..

"pak. rock music" must be something im sure..hopefully.... coz a lot of ur music is awesome stuff.

16. jayanth

THere is a band called Fuzon which has a good touch.

Of course we have strings(God)

17. alli

alli The Best Ever

oh yea -- Fuzon .... i've heard only 2 of their songs..the ones tht used to play on t.v. - but i LOVE the second one tht came out ..ddonno the name but i think it was some .."aankhon ke sagar".... WOAH ! beautiful song ...and an even better tune ...

STRINGS - love 'em.

18. jayanth

Strings ne Jeet liya Dil..... Fuzon rock.

19. alli

alli The Best Ever

i love tht new collaboration of strings with euphoria .."dil ko jeetenge "

20. jayanth

Did you buy that CD?? Its reallly supposed to be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.