Questions about the Sansamp Tri A.C.

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by raj.hendrix, Apr 26, 2007.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Nah, what I really meant is - I didnt get the answer to whether it attenuates high freq or low freq
    :)

I was never good in maths. Please ...

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

*bump-o-rama*

3. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

4. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

alpha...first of all, my case is just not an impedance mismatch leading to loss of particular range of frequencies. A speaker adds its own frequency response (usually with a mid notch). Also, signal from the amp line-out might require a mic-preamp before being strong enough for the mixing board. Why can't it be weak, muddy and trebly at the same time??

Weak: General signal strength and punch is low. Sound is missing richness.
    Muddy: Undefined, muddled...notes not distinct enough. This is not due to extra bass and loss of highs(that will cause looseness and dullness)
    Trebly: No explanation required

Typical example would be a poorly designed cheapo distortion pedal which has volume drop, muddiness and shrillness when engaged.

Its all word-play anyway..it basically sounded like poo going DI and that's all you need to know.:p:

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Haha OK
    I can imagine, mainly all the frequencies that are important to overdriven/distorted guitar: 400 to 4000 Hz were killed.

And ~6000 above were boosted that made it harsh/trebly and since guitar frequencies were lacking it was weak and muddy.

:)

oooh and today I learnt somethign about the Metallizer ...