Question!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by kaiser, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaiser

kaiser Bored

just when i think of posting a reply to a thread in the ccl, i find out its closed.

jeez....

anyway, i gotta ques. im supposd to post in the music-related forums n shit but i dont go there ever...hehe.

here's the q: why isnt there a b sharp or e sharp?

2. sachoo

sachoo drenched in my pain again

there's no B# because the chord becomes C (when u play conventional B) just after one fret. same in case of E# because it becomes F.

There's one formula to tht, will post later if i find it.

n u r again in wrong forum. mods will move this to correct forum n i wont be surprized if they r going to CLOSE. Come on dude mods, jus :rock: on

3. kaiser

kaiser Bored

fuk you. you dont give a decent answer n talk bt closing the thread. die.

n what the ****kk is sachoo?

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

It is just the naming convention which decides that there is no B sharp or E sharp. It was just that there were 12 notes to be named and chord extensions ensured that there had to be some sort of relation between adjacent notes hence we have sharps and flats and not just A B C D E F G H I J K L. I don't know why they picked B and E in particular to not have sharps.

However, there is another naming convention where H is a note that is used. I can't really remember why but you can look it up when you want to.

Also, we do use the terms B# or E# when we are using major scales. Naming convention suggests that we use one note of A B C D E F G in every major scale. Hence a G major scale is written as G A B C D E F# G and not G A B C D E Gb G.

Similarly an F# scale is written as:

F# G# A# B C# D# E# F#

Notice that we could have written F instead of E# and have been equally correct but naming convention suggests that we use E#.

5. sachoo

sachoo drenched in my pain again

tere **** nay tereko bataya nahi kya ki hamesha F**k karna acchi baat nahi hain n then u were born. cha aayla, isiliye banned hain..

Read it again, watever i have written is correct n u will realize. I m mising tht notation/formula for y not b# or e # or wud hv put it down here.

sachoo is my nick name from sachin.

6. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

wtf is wrong with u kaiser man.....thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.