Question to TUlsi owner

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by cdeff, Dec 12, 2005.

1. cdeff

cdeff New Member

I requested all the tulsi owner to answer my questions about tulsi guitar:

Body:What kind of wood he can use?how is the quality of his wood?

Fretboard: He uses the readymade fretboard or he did the fretting by himself?

Pickup: How is the quality of the pickup he uses?

Control: How is his volume control and the wiring of the circuit?

Floydrose:Can he use original floydrose system?

Finishing:How is the craftmenship and finishing of the guitar?

Colouring:How is the colouring he had done?

Trusrod: He can put adjustable trusrod in the arm?

Comparision
    with other
    guitars: How is the quality of the guitar in comparision with guitar like fender,
    ibanez etc
    Satisfaction: How do u feel while playing Tulsi guitar and are you satisfied with
    the guitar?

2. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Body: Teak
    Fretboard: Depends on what you want.. He has both readymade and hand made..

Pickup: Quality is ok.. Korean Make.. Good for starting..

Control: He is very good at the circuit and stuff.. Volume control is also fine

Floydrose: He uses original floydrose system

Finishing:Better see for yourself.. He is a craftsman.. He is good at both paints and wood finish..

Colouring: He does a decent job.. Nebu is unhappy.. But i was happy..

Trusrod: He can put adjustable trusrod in the arm.. He does.. OBVIOUSLY..

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  3. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Hehe..ya I was a bit unhappy...maybe he didnt understand the color I was talking about..I did show him in the catalog though;)
    Overall its still quite good..his sunburst colors are mixed nicely..
    He has also done black and white checks design for another guitar....
    Thing is..we see all those images of lovely flame tops..everything seems to pale in comparison:p:

4. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Ya? Thats why get a plain coloured guitar and do artwork using Transparent stickers

5. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Alberto's does flame tops...but they wont be carved...its only a veneer:)
    So he does a sycamore top and then fixes a flame or quilt veneer..its quite amusing. You can do a Music Man Axis (the Van Halen model) and it would look authentic

6. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Wow.. Thats great.. But i guess Tulsi does Arch tops better..

7. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Its not easy to fit a thin cap onto a carved top..the Tulasi guy said even if he tried it might not come out properly and he will not risk it....veneers are a good option for getting a good looking guitar....I didnt really ask Tualsi about veneers..but I dont think he does it..

8. abhijitnath

Yeah thats the same thing I said....Albertos does carved tops but theyll be in plain maple...you dont get figured maple in India or at least he couldnt get it.
    But you can get figured veneer like the ones used on furniture...so he offers it as an option on flat tops..he says if you do it on carved tops it will warp in no time....you need a heavy duty vacuum press etc..only large scale manufacturers can do it..eg Schecter and Fernandes have carved tops with veneers on some cheaper models.

9. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

You get amaing quality Maple wood as such in Cochin.. BUt the wood itself needs to be carved carefully.. Thats really really dificult..

And he is right about the warping of carved tops.. When not done correctly..

10. abhijitnath

No no he didnt say the carved wood would warp
    He said the wood veneer when glued to a carved top would warp because it wouldnt adhere to the points where the wood curved without cracking

11. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Oh.. But so far i've heard Fretboards generally made custom are prone to warping..

12. cdeff

cdeff New Member

Hi Rox,
    thanks for ur post....Anyway can u show me the snaps of ur tulsi guitar? I want to check it...