Question about Solo(s)

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by SG1, Sep 20, 2006.

1. SG1

SG1 "Brown Jesus"

Guyz am wondrin if its a Good idea to open a Thread for you Own Personal Solos or Cover Solos on Guitar .. my main concern is will you guyz have stuff to post into it or wanna do it? cuz theres no point of 5 out of 100 people posting there solos and then the thread is lost somewhere .. please let me know so we can Rock IGT with our Stuff....

Please State Your Answer saying
    YES OR NO

No reason for saying yes but i';; be glad if you post a Reason if your saying NO
    Thankx.

2. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

NO..............

the 10 letters funda is ****ing irritating

3. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Reason -- Post all ur stuff on the IGT Soundtrack, if the thread gets lost, no harming in bumping it + additional post count.

4. SG1

SG1 "Brown Jesus"

Ofcourse we will post it in Soundtrack not here man ... so ur saying no to posting Solos?

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Then whats the concern??
    Post your solos, who is stopping.

6. SG1

SG1 "Brown Jesus"

No one can stop me, its just am asking will other people post or not.. will u post ur solo?

7. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

post whatever u want ie whatever u have recorded n is related to guitar playing ie solos cover tracks in the igt soundtrack

thats what that part of the forum is for !! :)

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hmmm, how about an IGT Jam thread?

I did once with a certain Mr. Dharmatma. Posted my stuff, he played solo over it.

9. SG1

SG1 "Brown Jesus"

Not a bad idea Alpha .. Xplain man what to do ????

10. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Yup..Jam threads should be fun..someone makes a backing and ppl can post their solos.

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Make a long-ish backing track. Divide into sections of 30 seconds each. Every guitarist improvises over a certain section. Overall result is a jam track. Preferably acoustic so more people can participate.

12. SG1

SG1 "Brown Jesus"

umm Okay .. anyone here with a good idea on making backing tracks then?

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I have lost touch with my guitar now.
    :(

14. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Good Idea..

But when will it end(So that we have a New track) since many people would keep on adding?

15. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

We pre-decide the number of people participating....make a new thread or something.

We ask anyone who's interested to walk in. We take the first 'n' number of entries. n to be decided. If any of the n cannot fulfil the commitment, someone else can step in in their place. We cant let it get too long even.

16. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^And if we get the 'n' entries and the recording is on its way .. someone else can come up with another track and the next 'n' entries can participate (First come first serve) but only those who're not committed in the earlier thread(s) and Lo! we get another track with 'n' new participants simultaneously.

what say?

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

sounds good. We need someone who's good at mixing/editing to be the "moderator".

18. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^Lol @ "moderator"

19. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

If we have a thread for each backing track, all the improvs can go there.I'm sure there wont be too many good backing tracks at one time, so number of such threads would be within manageable limits.And why have a limit on number of improvs?..surely the number of recordings wont be that much.
    And it can still be a part of the Soundtrack Forum.So, we can have threads like 'Slow Blues in E' and 'Funk in C#m' ..'Country style acoustic'...ppl can choose according to their musical tastes

20. ^ good idea...