Querries on buying an electric guitar

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by micraft, Jan 1, 2006.

1. micraft

micraft New Member

i'm planning on buying an electric guitar. Right now i have an acoustic Givson G150.
    I'm just an amatuer guitarist.
    The details to know.
    1) Can i connect the guitar to my PC Speakers or my Sharp 3000W audio system,
    is it necessary that i should buy another set of speakers. I saw a marshall speaker
    for 9000Rs.
    2) About the guitar, i live in kerala, i saw a place in ernakulam, they only had an electric
    guitar called Agni, and it only costs 2700-3000Rs. Thats the same shop where i saw
    the Marshall speakers for 9000Rs.Does anyone know a better place to buy a guitar in
    ernakulam. What about this guitar, is it enough for an amatuer?
    3) What are the things which i should know before buying an elctric guitar?
    4) On my current guitar, the givson g150, i can't play chords like B, g#m. Its just not
    physically possible for my pinkie to reach the 4th fret. I'm hoping that this problem
    will not be there on the electric guitar since the frets are more closer to one another
    and the neck is thin.
    Paying 9000 for the speakers is out of the idea, i would probably jsut drop the
    idea, if there is anyway i could connect the guitar to my PC or my audio system, i
    could probably then spend like 5000 for the guitar.
    Hope to see some replies.

2. micraft

micraft New Member

how come no replies, cmon guys help me out...

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

1. You can connect - but it wont sound lush n good, you cannot connect directly, it has to go thru some amplification sytem - most likely your music system will have some line-in or microphone port. Line-in is recommened

But no comparison to Marshall

2. From the description of the guitar - it seems to be a customs hand-job. Taht means it could either be nice n well or it could be horrible. You need to be pretty experienced playing a guitar to decide that one.

3. There are tons of things you should know b4 buying a guitar + more so if it is electric guitar. Diffcult to list 'me all.

4. NAAH! Frets are not closer in Electric.
    Pinky not able to reach means that u need to practice further n harder.

Not being able to press hard on fretboard is a prob that is prevalent in cheap acoutic guitars (due to action being ultra high). But the pinky problem (whihcu meantioned) should not be linked to it.

5. That 9000 rupees is not for just the speaker, It ceoms with built-in amplifier.
    A guitar amplifier is different form normal hi-fi amp.

So keep that thing in Mind.

4. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

i dint see any reason why you cant play the B chord

you dont need you pinky ,you can just barr with you ring finger

and isnt there a place"sangeet mahal" in ekm
    the one in tvm is really cool they have a lot of guitars

5. micraft

micraft New Member

where is this place sangeet mahal, how much can i get a elctric guitar for in that place?

When i play the B chord there is no probelem with the pinky, but however i play that chord it doesn;t sound right, but with the G#m chord, my pinky does not reach the 4th fret, am i the only one with this probelm, since it is almost impossible for my pinky to reach the 4th fret, am i the only one with this problem?
    Does anyone else who owns a Givson G150 have this poblem?

My music system does have a mic in, i couldn;t find a line in though.
    Tell me more about the amplifiers, how much would it cost, and from where can i get it. My sound card sound blaster live has a line in i think. Can i use that?

Please guys more replies.

6. micraft

micraft New Member

cmon guys, help me out, is my question a too amateur question or something like that, give me something

7. rams+ein

rams+ein New Member

Hey i have got a ESP KH 202 model guitar........its quite good u would like the sweet sound of its string when u strum it :).................

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

So what if it has a sweet tone?

Rammstein demands harsh n cacophonous tone.

Micraft - I answered whatever I could answer.