Pursue guitar as a full-time thing in India or abroad?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by kenny92, Feb 21, 2011.

1. kenny92

kenny92 New Member

I just completed my 12th and wanted to ask you guys whether there is a way that i can pursue guitar as a full-time thing be it in India or be it abroad and what institution should i do it from? I really need help otherwise ill be caught up in the infamous web of engineering.
    I really love playing the guitar...have been playing for almost a year and a half and am self taught.

2. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

First define what you mean by - "Pursue guitar". It could mean anything from being a musician to being a teacher to a collector of guitars to a guitar shop owner!!

In case you were speaking of studying guitar/music -one of the best places is Berklee College of Music in Boston (Massachusetts, USA) if you can afford to get through and pay for it. There is also something in India called Noida School of rock (if i remember correctly) but beyond that i dunno much about it. Google it.

In case you meant taking it up as a profession, again define the mode - wanna play in a band? or be a sessions musician? or become a virtuoso?

For other options, specify.

3. Torvoraptor

Torvoraptor New Member

Sorry to be a damper- but if you've been playing for 1.5 years and are self-taught, it's unlikely you're good enough to get into some place good.

4. harmonizer

harmonizer The Son of the Moon

I'm also serious abt my music career....m trying to get set in mumbai anyhow....want to take admission in any good trinity university affiliated institute....

I've heard abt school of rock noida too as a guy told
    see this :

https://www.noidaschoolofrock.com/guitar.php

I'd also like to know some schools for career in music