Purple Haze Cover by my Band

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by ronnieanand, Nov 24, 2006.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Purple Haze cover from the same gig where we played Immigrant Song...

Go to www.soundclick.com/anand and check out the music section...

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Nice vibratos in the intro part.
    Tone is too humbucky and gainy for Hendrix :phbbt:

Hey the sound quality is fabulous for a live recording :shock:

Dude, tell Joy to stop singing in this song. Jimi Hendrix used to just speak the words, he never sang properly.

Solo sounds pretty close fit.

BTW did you make faces while playing? :p:

3. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

^Yeah, why not use your strat for Jimi stuff?

Your singer needs to develop a more blues oriented vocal style for these kinda songs..and his grunts 'ooh' and 'aahs' also need to be more natural(felt the same for the Immigrant song recording too)

4. ronnieanand

Hey......There's some problem in the upload of the song....I will upload it again....It looks like only 40% of the song actually got uploaded....I will upload the full version tonite....

5. ronnieanand

I uploaded it again...I think it's fine....Listen and flame :)

6. ronnieanand

Buzz....Buzz....

7. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

guitars drums and bass rock bt singer is not of that level

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Ah so this is what you were talking about.

The drum solo thingie, which sounded like Moby Dick. LOL all drum solos sound the same to me. Pardon me. :p:

Bass and guitar solo too. It sounded like Cream.

The Voodo Chils thignie sounded cool, but I think the Wahs were not exactly the way Hendrix used to do. Its not that different, but I think in some places it sounds diff from Hendrix.

9. ronnieanand

I realized later that I was not pressing the Wah to the full toe down position...That's why it sounds different...plus I can never get that Hendrixy vibrato....

10. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

first of all...great tone. was just about right i think...very well done. would have liked it to be more bluesy than rock but its all good. playing was perfect...good feel too.what was the wierd noises by the vocalist at the end of the solo??

11. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

ok Great work ronnie...But the tone sounded VERY MUCKY towards the end.. ( what did you do you dont have any tone controls on your guitar to the best of my knowledge) you know from the part where you started throwing in all the Jimmi riffs starting with VOODOO child..
    But the starting and the 2 solos sounded good although Humbucking. Just a Suggestion Use your Strat next time For Hendrix...

12. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Ok..heard the full thing now..I like what you guys are doing:)
    Nice playing,tone is humbucky, but I still liked it..good modern-vintage mix type of tone..
    ^as far as tone getting mucky at the end is concerned, I am guessing its just the wah+ neck pickup combination.

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

It is indeed.

14. ronnieanand

The tone became a little mucky bcos, the gain level is a bit high compared to how I started. Like I use the volume control of the guitar knob to control my gain levels. Initially it was turned all the way down but towards the end, it was bit more up....

Somehow I like the humbucky feel of it...I will still prefer the humbucky sound than the single coily thing...Infact my Strat is on sale :beer:

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL You should've done that before.
    Same with Parker.

16. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Stock or non stock.. If stock then what are you doing with the LACE SENSORS ?

17. varmas11

varmas11 New Member

solid band dude, well done

music sounds good ; singing is too loud

and the singer isn't tha good, you guys deserve a better singer so get one

maybe it'd be better if the singing was softer

but great job nonetheless. surely, the best band on igt [though that's not saying much :shock: ]

18. varmas11

varmas11 New Member

i'm a more melodic kidn of dude, the guitarist is talented, but the solo is just fast for the most part yet boring. get some cool melodic riffs in there

19. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

:shock:How much??

20. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Also does the straqt have 21 or 22 frets maple or rosewood?