Purchasing new gear: need help on guitar and amp

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by pickandwhammy, Jul 13, 2012.

1. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Its HSH Configuration. U can check out that guitar in action on my videos in YouTube. If u are from Mumbai come and take a look at the guitar.

2. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

I feel the Laney Cub 10, should be a good fit for the OP's needs, it can get a lot louder than people think.......and with the right pedal or pedal combinations, it can get pretty close to the Metal Territory, and not to mention it can blues, classic and hard rock really easily......

3. henrynh

henrynh New Member

If you are able to get rid of the ME25 for say 8k, then with the added 5-10k over the months you should be able to purchase one these:
    Buy Laney Audiohub Amp Ah100 80w Kickback Cabinet Online | Best Laney Keyboard Amps in India | Furtados Online
    Buy Hartke Keyboard Amplifier Km60 60w Online | Best Hartke Keyboard Amps in India | Furtados Online
    Buy Laney Audiohub Amp Ah50 30w Kickback Cabinet Online | Best Laney Keyboard Amps in India | Furtados Online

With those you'll have your own monitoring setup and can go DI from there to the board, so even if you end up at a place that doesn't have any PA you won't have to be worried about getting heard. Besides now you already have something that is capable of covering those bands you like & others that you haven't come across yet. Isn't that what your original post was about, playing gigs? Or has it changed to getting an amp for home use only?

Anyways, the first two would be the preferred ones, a lot of times you forget that some venues don't have a PA of their own, what will you do then?

If you could get that Ibby from mymusicmyguitar then it would be worth it even if it costs around 40k.

4. pickandwhammy

pickandwhammy New Member

@mymusicmyguitar: No, I'm in Bangalore. And I think I'll skip it, I'd prefer to try the guitar in person before buying it, and I can't afford a Jap Ibanez anyway.

@aryasridhar: I think tube amps won't be useful now that I've got the HD300. Also, the Cub10 doesn't have FX loop, so no delay/reverb/phaser/blah.

@henryh: I checked those amps: would I really need that much wattage of output at home? Places not having a PA are pretty much out of the question - as I said, if I do get any gigs they'll 99.9% be pub-live-band types. Now I'll only carry guitar and processor around.

Something a little off topic: since you mentioned bands I haven't come across yet, do you recommend any? I'd particularly like a King Crimson 2.0 :D

5. henrynh

henrynh New Member

No, not at home, but for outside use with solid state then definitely. So if you are just looking for an amp for home use then consider the BE3 Solution 18, that one has a loop BE3 Amplifiers- 18 Watt or you could look into the Brat+3. Thats for when you aren't on a budget.

Off-topic:If you have Itunes then checkout out the Radios on it depending on what genre you like. You will come across some that are not really famous but have some killer stuff.

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Will you be interested in my PRS SE245 for 35k with hard case, planet waves strap, string winder, plectrum and some patch cables. Price is firm. Lemme know.

and i m in Bangalore so you can come and play anytime.

7. pickandwhammy

pickandwhammy New Member

Thanks, but no thanks! My eyes are quite set on the Ibanez S series. Besides, the PRS doesn't have a floating bridge - requirement for me.

8. shubhamAT

shubhamAT New Member

@rickkkyrich: I hope you are not giving up Guitar playing. String winder, cables, etc are just your extra stuff, right ?
    It's funny that i might have to sell my PRS too since i need some cash for Govt of India immediately.

9. mymusicmyguitar

@Shubham - Why are you selling ur PRS SE? I saw ur post on FB "AM Used ...". is that you there?

10. shubhamAT

shubhamAT New Member

Yup. Ha ha its funny that on FB Nikhil asked whether i am from IGT. Tax issues. Form16 was not proper from employers end, i did not notice till i were to file the return. So i have some serious tax liability now to be taken care before July 31st. Even if i get 30k i will be relieved.

11. mymusicmyguitar

Thats me dude!!

12. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I am not giving up guitar playing. I have a Dean VMNT and a Fender strat too with me. Accessories are just to sweeten the deal moreover i have 2 string winders plenty of picks and too many patch cables spare. So just giving them away if anyone buys my guitar. Though i am in no hurry to sell my guitar. It's a decent axe just that it doesn't get used much.

13. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Not a problem.

14. shubhamAT

shubhamAT New Member

Ok makes sense.