Purchased new guitar(PLUTO hw41c-201bk)DOUBT?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by samcool, Jan 30, 2011.

1. samcool

samcool New Member

Hello everyone.
    I have purchased a new guitar..its pluto hw41c-201bk..its a beauty
    but im confused now bcoz i don't know if it's top is solidwood or plywood.
    plz anyone who is having this guitar confirm what it is made of??

2. samcool

samcool New Member

Hey plz some one reply..y is dis forum so dead dese days??

3. Buu forever

Buu forever New Member

Yeah,man.Cant agree with you more?No one is responding on this forum.Its really bad.I want to buy the same guitar.I saw one on those online sites.Two sites had different specs.One site says it has rosewood back and sides,another says its agathis.Now everyone says just avoid agathis.The local shops dont have pluto.Just Shit giVsons,hobners and signature.So,if I decide to buy pluto guitar,I will have to buy it online.Thats a big problem for me.BTW,I think thats a laminate.I dont think anyone will sell solid tops below 5000rs-6000rs.

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

5. rwaghmare

rwaghmare New Member

Hello i m rahoul from pune a small time classical guitar builder.
    pls tell me the specifications of the guitar .
    i can make a custom made guitar u want.
    is the guitar ur planning to buy made of solid wood???
    i make guitar of solid rosewood back and side and imported spruce
    instead of buying cheap imported guitars why dont u go for desi guitar
    if ur interested pls mail me
    aqualibguitars@yahoo.com

6. samcool

samcool New Member

@Buu forever
    hmm..dude im also confused and sad bcoz i have came to know that there is some problem with the interior of guitar..bridge is not properly attached from inside and on the bracing there is a tape like thing..and on 12th fret it buzzes slightly..
    So im giving my million dollar advice to u to choose ur guitar very carefully or if u can wait buy a better brand like yamaha or ibanez..
    Im going tomorrow if i can replace it with new one!!
    And never ever buy from online..it sucks!!

@rickkkyrich
    Thnx man..but i have read that thing and site a zillion times but its not matching with the rajmusicals site specs..Thats why i was confused..

7. Buu forever

Buu forever New Member

@samcool thanx,man.I am not going to buy online.I have also decided to play it safe.So I am gonna buy yamaha f310 or yamaha c70(I know its a classical guitar,but it doesnt matter a lot.)Both of them are around 6000rs and have similar specs.I dont want all those neck problems,etc while learning.Best of luck,bro.I hope your guitar gets replaced.And this time check the guitar properly.Dont just play it,check every part properly.I am gonna do the same too.

BTW,I want to tell what happened today.I visited a music store today.I visited yamaha site and found that they are the only dealer in my town.Well,I asked the guy there if they have f310.He immediately said yes.I then asked him about the price.He said its 8900rs.I was speechless.I told that guy that yamaha site says its about 6000rs.Then the guy took out some notebook and replied we have fx370(lol).It was hard to control my laughter.He then said that he will inquire about that f310 model and asked me to come again tomorrow.LOL.I have been 'beaten' by 'those' guys before,but not this time.BTW,I want to ask you guys how to spot a fake yamaha?Is there a way to check its genuineness?Thank u all. :)

8. samcool

samcool New Member

@Buu forever u r alwys welcum
    its gud if u r going for yamaha..its the best in the indian context..
    but r u sure u r going with classical..its way different than steel string guitar..
    its for classical music not for pop and rock??

9. zanky9

zanky9 New Member

@Buu ..hi , im selling my Yamaha C70 classic guitar? interested?

10. zanky9

zanky9 New Member

@ buu were do u live
    tey have yamaha authorised dealers in major cities

11. Buu forever

Buu forever New Member

sorry guys,a bit late...I visited them again and they said they dont have f310 stock,but they had f370 which is pretty similar to f310 but much pricier like 7900rs.Whereas f310 is 6000rs.They told they will be bringing stock on monday or tuesday next week.So I guess I have to visit them again.
    @zanky sorry man,its going to be first guitar and your first guitar is kinda a priceless treasure for you.And I live in Berhampur,Orissa.And that store's name (Bina Musicals) was mentioned in the dealers list on yamaha india site.Does that make them authorised dealers?

12. Buu forever

Buu forever New Member

@sam did they replace your guitar?

13. samcool

samcool New Member

yup they have replaced it..now i have ariana..and im quite happy with that..

14. happyz

happyz New Member

I am a beginner in learning Guitar. Just Bought my first guitar yesterday its

"Pluto HW39C-201BK"

Is it a good buy? Is it ok for a beginner? will it last for atleast a year?

Please let me know.
    Cheers

15. Buu forever

Buu forever New Member

Well guys,I have placed the order for Yamaha f310.Eagerly waiting for the next Thursday...