purchase of new acoustic guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by guitarmonkey, May 24, 2013.

1. guitarmonkey

guitarmonkey New Member

Hi, igt gods...need your help urgently. I want to buy an acoustic guitar.My budget is 20k. I have selected some models...
    1. washburn wd10s
    2.yamaha fg 700s
    3.fender cd 60
    4. yamaha f310/370
    I read a lot of rave reviews about seagull s6 but found no Indian retailer. I have asked bajaao if they could bring 1 for me. When I told them about my choices, they said that the takamine eg340c is way better then these fenders and washburns.As per them,the guitar has got good sustain and tonal balance etc . But what I have read in some forums is that the eg340 is not a solid top...may be laminate spruce top. So how come a laminate is sounding better then solid tops( wd10 & 700s)? There is a model named eg340sc which has a solid top...Should I go with that?...Or are there any other guitar out there which I should look into?...
    please help me because, my local guitar store has limited number of models....So i will have to rely on users who have played them...

2. guitarmonkey

guitarmonkey New Member

why u no reply to me??? please guys...i am waiting for your valuable inputs.back then, i used to get flooded with suggestions :(

3. rohan_91

rohan_91 New Member

I am planning to buy a new guitar?
    At present i own an acoustic hobmer archtop guitar like the one in here (14809 Hobmer archtop guitar (used, age unknown) - Vintage Fret Shop). But i have heard that such guitars are preferred for jazz style of music. I am confused between fender sa-100, takamine s35, yamaha f310, and granada prs-1. I am even thinking of buying an acoustic-electric. Please clear my confusion. My budget is 5000-6000 indian rupees

4. soumyaranjan

soumyaranjan New Member

I used to own a fender cd60 so from my experience its a tough guitar to play if you are new to it. Its more like a cowboy/folk acoustic where the open chords sound booming, but to play at the higher frets especially barring was an issue, because, it came with 12s and the action was kept a bit high because of that. One of my room mate bought a takamine (cant remember the model though) around the same time that i bought my fender. It had much lower action, smaller gauge strings, didnot sound as booming, but it had a really sweet tone and was much much easier to play. Thats my opinion though. Best of luck on your purchase.

5. rohan_91

rohan_91 New Member

6. guitarmonkey

guitarmonkey New Member

i am looking at simon and patrick woodland spruce model from saptaswara...does anyone know how they sound?

7. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Buy any damn guitar worth 5K and start learning.