Punk Rock

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Iraqita_EP, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vishalj

vishalj Banned

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I'll mud-wrestle Petunia anytime *wiggles eyebrows*

and just so you know, it's not your GODDAMNIT OPINION. Also, It's not punk to respect other people's opinions either.

3. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

+1.... Honestly, what was that? :confused:

4. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Lol. I wrote that then 30 minutes later re-read and went Wtf!? I just lost all cred in that post! :p:

5. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

i swear...thank you bj!!!
    And mudfite's on, buddy..you bring on the fite..ill bring the mud ;)

I said PIONEERSSSSSSSSSSS>......dammit!! Man you really are crazy!!! And whts all the BS bout gvt and politcs?? The fc.uk you know wht you are talking about!! If you actually read the article i linked on my post..youd know that near the end groups like the ramones had started using "pop vibes" to kick music up a notch!! That they JUSTTT STARRRTTEEDD the trend towrds groups like grnday and blink 182 using more and more of a relaxed form of punk in their music. THAT DOESNT MAKE THEM POP-PUNK. I NEVER SAID THAT!!!! And FYFI..pop in this case is not your typical britney spears...its jst in regard to the intruments and the style, so by no means would i be insulting your favorites by regarding them as pop punk, anyhow BUT I AM NOT. Understand what the other person is saying before you start jumping down people's throats with your sidekicks. And next time try making an attempt at sounding mature about it.

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Breathe ** Breathe ** Breathe ** Breathe ** Breathe ** Breathe **

7. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Heh heh heh...
    Dnt forget to exhale all that..;)

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

pfft, the chit chat lounge is lame.

9. meet_shiraz

meet_shiraz New Member

Hey bro...you're not making enough sense boy....and you're making yourself look like a fool.....First of all let me tell you...since you asked me....i've been listening to punk sorry true punk since i was 11 and the first song that got me into music was summer of 69 when i was 6 years old...but does that matter.....now do me a favour...never say that ramones,clash,*** pistols were punk sellouts and wrote love songs in front of foreigners or white people from the US UK...know why?because you'll make yourself look like a total fool....you'll be laughed at by them that bad...man i can't even imagine lol....Tell me something loser...how many love songs did the Dead Kennedys write....how many love songs did *** Pistols write....how many love songs did The Clash write...you're talking as if you know nything about punk when you don't...hypocrite....Then once again let me tell you punk's not only about lyrics about also the music...Once again compare blink's older stuff such as Carousel,Dammit to their newer stuff such as I miss you,i'm lost without you...and see the difference in terms of music...their earlier stuff was atleast more punkish.....The 90s was the era when punk began to be sold out with bands talking only and only about love,girlfriends,s** etc with catchy and more pop-ish tunes....Tell me something if Blink 182,Good charlotte,simple plan are punk...which genre would you put *** Pistols,The Clash and Ramones in???
    And by the way go to this link https://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_songs-punk.html
    Tell me how many songs by Blink 182,Good Charlotte and Simple Plan can you find there....peace

10. meet_shiraz

meet_shiraz New Member

For Once And For All Let Me Clear It Up...iraqita If You Wanna Listen To Pop-punk....keep Listening To Blink 182,good Charlotte Etc Or If You Want Someone Much Better In Modern Times Listen To Offspring (atleast They Have Some Shades Of True Punk)
    And If You Wanna Expand Your Music Library In Terms Of Pure And Original Punk Listen To The Clash,*** Pistols,ramones,dead Kennedys Etc....you May Not Like Them On The First Listen But Subsequently It Will Grow On You...since You Wanted Help,that's What I'm Trying To Do-help....peace
    P.s.-i Am Too Lazy To Bother Giving Full Stops,commas Or Paras

11. meet_shiraz

meet_shiraz New Member

12. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Thank you, come again. /Apu.

13. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

Dat'll be cool
    So wens the next igt meet
    Who do u wanna fight petunia???and who'll be ur partner??

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

yet, sadly, not lazy enough to stop making shockingly redundant posts.

yeah, you can have a squishy with that.

15. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

ive heard offspring
    green day also has shades of true punk
    but if u want to listen to songs wich are against the govt then RATM is the best
    wake me up wen september ends and american idiot r songs against the govt by green day
    havnt heard the other albums yet
    Is "pretty fly for a white guy" against the govt?

16. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Um..god knows when the igt meet is..n frankly i dont care either.
    Bjr proposed fiting me..so looks like im gnna be fiting him.
    And as for the partner...i really dont need one :cool:
    Heh heh..
    Us petunias..we walk alone..:rock:

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

:shock:

:'(

</3

18. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

bjr better watch out

19. meet_shiraz

meet_shiraz New Member

Yeah coz i don't take much time in doing that...
    P.S.-'pretty fly' is not against the govt....and yeah RATM esp. Tom Morello kicks ass

20. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Sooo...jst like that, this thread fizzles out.
    Darn and i was in the mood for a catfight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.