Punk Rock

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Iraqita_EP, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meet_shiraz

meet_shiraz New Member

Hey bro...Great minds think alike....BTW are you and Petunia twins by chance????

2. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

why do u ask?

I haven't said a thing about punk/punk-pop music in this thread.

3. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Shiraz: Ramones wrote a song called "I wanna be your boyfriend"
    You might wanna go to songmeanings.net and check it out and as you put it "lyrics about their love and their girlfriends and peppy tunes"

I wonder what that song is about. Gee. SO totally deep.

Daniel Radclifffe? Isn't he the Harry Potter dude? I'm sure I want to listen to a stupid 16 year old tell me what true punk is all the while wearing the latest trends in fashion and converse shoes.

Do you wear converse by any chance? If you do.. kill yourself.

People have opinions. Deal with it.

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Are you ranting? The minute i read Daniel Radcliffe in your post, you lost all credibility.......

5. vishalj

vishalj Banned

What cred are you talking about? Insert retard smiley here
    *I really should learn how to use smileys goddamnit*

6. d_ist_urb_ed

^Heh, :beer: :grin:

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

but...he is so cute *wets himself*[/teenage groupie-type]

In other news, vishal is the coolest newbie ever!

8. d_ist_urb_ed

+1!~!~! i say!

9. vishalj

vishalj Banned

*sniff* I would like to thank my parents for the two mintues it took them to create me. Thats it. Nobody else deserves my thanks.

10. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

*screeeeaaaaaaaaaams*

I lOVE YOU VISHAAAAAAAL!!

*screams some more and faints*

11. d_ist_urb_ed

Well, god bless your parents +1!

12. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

guess people take punk rock more seriously than i thought...at the next igt meet...we shud hav a mud pit and put fat_krax and meet_shiraz with 2 dudes or dudettes in a wrestling mach..wud be a lot of fun to watch....ane ideas wat shud the theme of the fight be..i.e like theres wwe no way out....can we make it..igt pioneers of punk or just plain shit

13. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Hell in a cell. Let them get in first. Then we'll just lock it, turn the lights off and go get some beer.
    Beer is punk right? If not then some breezers

14. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

vishalj and me will take bets....vodka chalegi...beer kaunsi??

15. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Kingfisher, what else!

16. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

kingfisher mere hometown se aati hai...free mil sakhti hai

17. meet_shiraz

meet_shiraz New Member

Hey You are talking about 1 ramones song for about 10000 by blink and good charlotte...there are some things known as exceptions...if you don't know ....punk's not only about lyrics...it's the music too...compare blink's older stuff (Carousel,Dammit) and their newer stuff (I miss you,feeling this) and see the difference...atleast their older stuff was 10% true punk in terms of music....and then the degeneration began as blink moved more towards pop.....And by the way if you don't expect 16 yr old teens to tell you about punk...then whom do you expet to?60 yr old grandpas or 10 yr old kids???No one can tell you better about punk than teens...and btw i never said daniel's a punk....daniel likes punk rock and so do i...so whats this thing about 'converse' shoes and trendy fashions....i never claimed to be a punk cuz i'm not...i listen to punk rock and a lot types of music i must say....As for the opinion thing....I Know people have their opinions and i respect that...but you know what?Whatever i write down its MY GODDAMNIT OPINION...so there you go....now if someone starts saying Metallica is a very good pop band or that Radiohead plays good heavy metal then i have got the right to correct him/her haven't I???Peace....

18. meet_shiraz

meet_shiraz New Member

Hey You are talking about 1 ramones song for about 10000 by blink and good charlotte...there are some things known as exceptions...if you don't know ....punk's not only about lyrics...it's the music too...compare blink's older stuff (Carousel,Dammit) and their newer stuff (I miss you,feeling this) and see the difference...atleast their older stuff was 10% true punk in terms of music....and then the degeneration began as blink moved more towards pop.....And by the way if you don't expect 16 yr old teens to tell you about punk...then whom do you expet to?60 yr old grandpas or 10 yr old kids???No one can tell you better about punk than teens...and btw i never said daniel's a punk....daniel likes punk rock and so do i...so whats this thing about 'converse' shoes and trendy fashions....i never claimed to be a punk cuz i'm not...i listen to punk rock and a lot types of music i must say....As for the opinion thing....I Know people have their opinions and i respect that...but you know what?Whatever i write down its MY GODDAMNIT OPINION...so there you go....now if someone starts saying Metallica is a very good pop band or that Radiohead plays good heavy metal then i have got the right to correct him/her haven't I???Peace...
    P.S.-Have you ever listened to punk rock?

19. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Use fullstops (not just "....") and commas and break it up into paras.

My head hurts.

(I didn't actually read through that, no)

20. vishalj

vishalj Banned

I think many 40 year old punks will be annoyed by your post there. Ramones: Formed in 1974. *** Pistols: 1975. Green Day: 1988. Blink 182: 1993. You get where I am going with this?

When did you start listening to punk? Last year? Be totally honest and tell me what was the first song that got you into music. I'm not a punk fan or a ramones fan but I can say that they have written love songs, if I might say so, so I'm gonna call them sell outs because that is most definately against "The 101 rules to being punk" rule book which ofcourse you authored.

****. I. Couldn't. Care. Less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.