Punk Rock

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Iraqita_EP, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

wow - ur pretty mad at me huh? lol
    wats ur beef jerky - chese out...

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Oh of course not, i have nothing against you, i was merely asking you not to be so excitable.

3. meet_shiraz

meet_shiraz New Member

Yo fat_kax i'm with you....glad that atleast someone here understands punk rock

4. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

If you read my post again i said PIONEERS>>>as in "founded"...as in "paved way" ....:annoyed:

check this out while you're at it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_punk#Origins

Im justified..you on the other hand have the rite to disagree...n i cudnt care less.

5. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Dont worry. Its all a part of "understand the opposite" syndrome. Gotto check if the person who wrote that is also a 23 year old NRI/NRP :grin:

ps: Is there anything like complex or avant garde punk? :think:

6. vishalj

vishalj Banned

I'm sure there must be and I thank god (who isn't there) that I haven't heard it still

7. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Add innovative punk to that. Because most ov punk that i've heard is pretty goddamn generic.

8. fat_kax

@shswada dude - click here >>> www.fatwreck.com
    and @ p2nia dudette :
    \\\i hate to pick a fite wid sumone so pretty - so i wont \\\
    \\\instead i'll play ur game - wid a queen in my kitty \\\
    punk rock necesarily is very political and its realtionship wid ****in' govt's is real old!!! we've alwez been against watever the govt done and thats us....ramones are founding fathers of damn PUNK ROCK!!! punk pop didnt come around till the early 90's wid the comin of alt rock and friggg bands like blink 182 and sum41 - GC etc.... it necesarily means angry mssgs to the govt of consumerism and anrchism - infact the *** pistols were hard core hed bangin anrchists!!!
    the new punk bandss - the ones u named...have killed the owl and released the dove - i mean wat kinda <<<PUNK>>> band wud not smoke pot = sing songs o love and wear branded clothes from -- i dunno - watever!!!
    now heres where i bring my queens >>>
    the spades : https://mt.essortment.com/punkrockhistor_rapl.htm
    the hearts :https://www.kidzworld.com/site/p4349.htm (ummm - this mite be more suited to ur intelect...)
    the diamonds:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punk_rock
    and in evitably the clubs : www.fatwreck.com
    next i'd like to tell u that nooone really authorizes or checks the info on the web - and wikipedia can be a tad inacurate - owin to the fact that "people" illetrates as they may be - post stuff into it,https://wiki.org/wiki.cgi?WhatIsWiki .....so bite me - and i quote - "Im justified..you on the other hand have the rite to disagree...n i cudnt care less."
    thanking you
    your's analy
    fat kax (also on behalf of meet_shiraz who's knowledge of punk rock origins is CORRECT and verified by the we verify people's knowledge of punk rock orgins and thongs society of mars : link :
    www.theweverifypeoplesknowledgeofpunkrockorginsandthongssocietyofmars.com ) :rock:

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Just one thing though....where exactly did she disagree with you?

10. fat_kax

good pt bjr - just here that she sed ramones and seckspistols are damn - PUNK POP!!!! WTF???

and this is my centurian post - yay!!! cheers all :rock:

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Actually she said that they were pioneers to a style called pop-punk. There is a difference.

For you, pop punk is actually the degeneration of punk whereas as far as she is concerned, it is not. So her calling the Ramones and *** Pistols pioneers for a genre of music she likes is not really wrong. But, on the other hand, you are not wrong because you feel that the bands she likes have not actually done justice to the "pioneers" by taking the genre of music to a different level(not nescessarily higher or lower). Fair enough.

Now where is the argument?

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

What a crap genre.

and so many ppl (including me posting here)

What utter crap!

PS: yes I know I am prejudiced, SO, Let it be.

13. vishalj

vishalj Banned

fat_kax: Get over it. Ramones, *** Pistols gave way to Green Day, Sum 41 and Good Ch.. (atleast talking about the mainstream)

If music was to get stuck in one gear then what would be the point. They took their so called punk roots and made it more accessible to the mtv generation by giving it a poppy flavour.

14. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

i dunno why but i've only liked the *** pistols:rock: and Good Charlotte>>AND GREENDAY!!!!!!!:nw::rock:
    Is that Normal????

15. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

^what's abnormal about that?

It's just ur preferance.. so what?

16. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

^^^^Cause everyones sooooo into Punk Rock>>

17. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

LOL............

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

lol
    there are more ppl into metal than punk...

btw, do u get an erection?
    if yes...u are normal

19. meet_shiraz

meet_shiraz New Member

Hey all you people....Once and for all let me clear it all for you.....Punk rock was founded by The *** Pistols,Ramones and The Clash....they were the godfathers and pioneers of punk rock....they have no relation to pop-punk watsoever....Bands like Green Day,Good Charlotte and Blink 182 are NOT Punk...They are pop-punk or poser-punk whatever you wish to call them....Maybe they were influenced by these bands but they have led to the degeneration of the Real punk with lyrics about their love and their girlfriends and peppy tunes.....i mean wtf?That's not punk....Ask Daniel Radcliffe....He knows a lot about punk....he once said he loves punk but not the avril lavigne and Sum 41 shit cuz that's not punk...Petunia said-
    "they are...but they are the pioneers to a style called pop-punk"....Tell me sumthing sweet lady if the *** Pistols,The Clash and Ramones were the pioneers of pop-punk...then WHO are the pioneers of punk???Green Day?Good Charlotte??No way man.....To sum it up all....*** PISTOLS,THE RAMONES,CLASH ETC ARE THE INVENTORS,THE GODFATHERS AND THE FOUNDING FATHERS OF PUNK OR RATHER REAL PUNK....GREEN DAY,BLINK 182,SUM41 MAY BE INFLUENCED BY THESE BANDS BUT THEY LED THE PEOPLE TO CALL THEM POSER-PUNKS WITH THEIR MORE PEPPY-POP MUSIC AND THEIR NON-PUNK LYRICS....Trust me everyone....if you don't believe me....go to any forum with people from the U.S. etc and talk to them...you'll make a fool of yourselves....Or visit songmeanings.net search for the lyrics of songs by good charlotte,sum41 and see them being lambasted by users there....or search for lyrics by *** pistols on the same site and the see the people calling them the real punk....or visit Amazon.com search for *** pistols,the clash,ramones etc. and view the reviews their or the Listmanias created by users with topics such as"Know Real Punk from Poser Punk"...Peace
    P.S.-I wanna be anarchy...ha ha

20. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

^^ are you and fat_kax twins by any chance? which one's the evil one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.