Punk rock = Avion av3???

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Anirbanisguitar, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Anirbanisguitar

Anirbanisguitar New Member

Hey frnds..my first post...i wanted to ask that if an Greg bennett Avion Av3 is any good...i play Green Day,Blink 182 and m more into punk rock stuff...i m goin to buy a new electric guitar this february...Help me...i cant afford more than 17k for a guitar..plz

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

definitely you can go for it

3. theghost

theghost New Member

what amp do u have?

4. dilesh

dilesh New Member

go fr it.. if u r in mumbai, it costs 17700..try to get it for atleast 17200.. av3 nd av6 r best guitars i hav ever touched...mind you..i hav nt yet touched gibson les paul :-(

5. Anchit7

Anchit7 New Member

Its an awesome guitar man....i own one..:)......go for it...u wont regret the decision....

6. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Greg Bennetts = highly recommended for the noob on a budget.

7. Anirbanisguitar

@theghost i have a stranger amp n a shitty Givson guitar...so i wanted to buy a good guitar...
    @dilesh i had asked a shop at kolkata..an av3 for jz 16000...and gibson les pauls are a bit too costly..:(
    @others i think m going for it then..:) Thanks Everybody...n wat bout the amp...shud i buy an combo amp...for me i think my zoom G1zext nd that stranger amp is quite good...

8. flood

flood New Member

dude its punk rock. buy whatever guitar, a solid state amp that hums and the cheapest shittiest distortion pedal you can find, like the kustom. processors are a no-no, you don't need any other effects. cut your hair yourself into a semi-mohawk, drink the cheapest beer out there and rock the **** out against the establishment, expensive guitar gear and the ****ing censorship on IG ****ing T.

for even more punk cred, get an old tape recorder and pick up the germs, nofx, bad brains, black flag, the ramones, RANCID, *** pistols, the clash, iggy and the stooges,bad brains and the cro-mags. on tape, of course.

9. theghost

theghost New Member

how the hell r u going to play any kind of music on a stranger amp?
    2 biggest mistakes i made, got a stranger amp then exchanged it for a even more shittier marshall mg 15

10. dilesh

dilesh New Member

@ Anirbanisguitar-1600 &17700...dats quite a difference

11. Anirbanisguitar

@flood man u r one freakin old school punk....who doesnt luv that stuff n i have all those things...thanks for ur support
    @theghost my stranger sounds cool n nice....btw i think i shud go for a peavey ya roland cube for practicing at my home...
    @dilesh...its nt 1600 its 16000....n yeah its quite a difference...i saw at bajaao.com...it was 16500 there...n i asked a shop in kolkata (on phn though)...they said a greg bennett avion av3 wud come for 16000...i was quite happy to knw the price...:) btw which guitar do u have?