Psychology

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Morbid_Angel, Dec 28, 2007.

1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Um, lightening up a wee bit and being more subjective with their rules? I mean....does the present system not seem unfair on the masses rather than just a fair few?

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Injustice on the masses also comes under a form of subjectivity. I'm sure they would argue the point. All the parents of the shining little princes and princesses

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

yet one of the methods presents to us a choice and the other does not. Sometimes you do need a bit of fear in you to do the right thing. Take music piracy for example. If the laws in India were harsher, it wouldn't be as easy as it is. It is basically stealing yet is not completely frowned upon, is it?

God knows we can get bratty enough as it is...the last thing we need is blind help.

It's a little like reservations in the educational sector I suppose. While one cannot deny that they are needed, can't they be a little less blind than they are?

4. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

^^in context to your music piracy, the rules have become strict (over here) .. people are cracking down on making sure it doesnt. sites are being shut down or being changed to pay sites.. but that isnt stopping the rest of the world/masses in continuing with stealing music.

and i think thats where the actual problem lies.. you can never crack down on the whole world. you gotta put your foot down somewhere and hope that the ripple continues..

and that goes with anything.. abuse centers or piracy. :eek:: its sad. its life.

5. d_ist_urb_ed

I download music, sue me, chew me, cut me, kick me, or however that transvestite's song goes.

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

yes but would you if there was a realistic chance that you were going to get into trouble over it?

7. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

touche.

how the hell do you get the accent in there? :think:

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I think that has to be done with the keyboard and some magic trick using numlock.

Or maybe you have to use unicorns. That seems more probable.

9. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

unicorns. i knew there had to be a fantastical element to it
    thanks hun <3

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    touche
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    did it work? :eek::

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

It would've if you'd been touche turtle.

Touche away!

Just let people know that rhymes and they'll get it. I used a unicorn.

11. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

no im not happy. i want that accent on my touche (away) :cry1:

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I could be leery innuendo about touche (see).

Oh wait...

13. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

:cry1:
    no i dont......(see)

14. d_ist_urb_ed

Well i did it in my university when guys from that anti-piracy were all over us. A roommate of mine got fined $2500 for downloading one song. You know the irony. The song was, "You're beautiful" by James blunt. :RollLol: Meanwhile i'd downloaded about 70 gigs. There's always the chance that you'll get your balls busted, if you get caught you pay, that's it. No use projecting that fear three miles into the future and missing out on mass thievery.

15. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

hey hun? i think you posted in the wrong thread! lol.
    either im tweaking or that post made no sense...at all!!! <3

16. d_ist_urb_ed

That post was in reply to the "touche" post of robotpajamas of whether i'd do it if there was a real chance i'd get busted for downloading stuff.

17. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

What's with all the touches? You know as double standard-ed as it might seem I don't mind paying for my favourite artiste while downloading loads from other artistes that I just want to try.

Touché, away!

18. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

hah, see that there? He's got a unicorn! A pink one at that.

*cue my little ponies theme

@sarat: I suppose that goes to show you've got more balls than the rest of us.

19. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

@bjr: how the hell did he do that? and i actually like unicorns! </3

@hundred: how the hell did you do that? :cry1:

@disturbed: in all the touche-ing :)cry1:) i guess i forgot the actual posts.. but hey, this actually ties in with the whole child psychology and child abuse and loopholes for disturbance in society. You cant crack down on everyone.

here, in the states, disturbed..you know as well as i do-that although the rules are relatively stricter and people do get sites and asses arrested..they cant manage to target everyone. There are still millions of people who get away with piracy and illegal dloading .. (me included) ..

and its this, "oh but it cant happen to me" attitude that messes up society..because if more and more people engage in that mentality then youve got a mass of people who just dont give a shit about anything..and dont bother with the laws and regulations.

20. amitrichardxess

amitrichardxess New Member

cozzzzzzzz evrybody chooses the easy way